Suffolk county along Island questions

apg

Hey guys.

Newby here and learning the ropes. Planning on hunting Long Island and I have so many questions... maybe someone could help me with them?

Sorry I’m so dumb about all this but it’s looks like totally different language to normal English hahaha.

. All lands/spots for hunting on Long-island are DEC managed?

. is there no public areas to hunt which don’t require a special day/season pass on top of the standard NY deer tags I already have?

. What’s the difference in a DEC owned and Co-operative hunting area?

. What is a managed lands access permit ? Is that the tag I bought a while back that gives me permission to hunt one specific spot?

. How do I get permission to hunt a specific area? Can I just check into a sports store or ridge hunter check station the day before?

. Or, as is my impression, can I only get access to one specific area/spot for the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the dec website. There is an on line access permit that you fill out and print both a parking permit and an access permit.

During October that gives you access to all DEC owned or managed lands for archery. Maps can be downloaded or printed from the website.

Come November 1, you can archery hunt the spots south of the LIE. Spots north of the LIE require reservations.

If you are a Suffolk resident you can access County land by a separate permit. If you live in East Hampton, or Riverhead you have additional town lands that are permitted.

That's a brief intro., but really the info is on the DEC website and you can call thrm with questions. But hope this is helpful.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk