Here's a good one!

nodeerhere

So I get home from work. It's 82 outside. I'm not going to hunt. I send the boy out back to get the card out of the camera because they have been cutting the corn all around me. 5mins goes by and he's back. He said you better get ur now there's deer in the food plot! I laughed. But his face was serious. So I get the bow and sneak out there. Sure enough mom and 2 babies eating away! I left them eat! I just thought it was kinda funny! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

dunno bout you, but it used to be when they cut a field of corn where i hunt there was a ton of corn left in the field.  With the new machines these days it looks like a parking lot after.  

Not much spillage but they definitely kick up Deer when cutting.  

31 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yup def that smell travels all over.  But i used to like those fields for late season hunting .  Now i go out there and they are just bare, nothing for them to come back to. 

Smell has nothing to do with it. Deer bed and hang out in standing corn, the combine pushes them out. I cant even count how many deer Ive killed that combines have bumped out of corn fields.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Smell has nothing to do with it. Deer bed and hang out in standing corn, the combine pushes them out. I cant even count how many deer Ive killed that combines have bumped out of corn fields.

Combine in back field drove the biggest buck we ever had on my property by two hunters.   Too fast for a shot though.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

the corn fields i have to hunt  arent very big.  Havent seen that cause usaully they are right up against the woodline and deer just exit anywhich way .  But after they have been cut have had lots of deer out there the next day in the cut field (back when corn was left) .  Now after a cutting not much out there.  

plus most of our area they cut them at night.  Next morn is usually good to be on it. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Ya I saw him a couple times that year, OD he was chasing a doe around a cut corn field for 30 minutes in the middle of the afternoon .

Never quite came within range of my 12 ga, although I’m sure many would have lobed a few slugs . I kept figuring sooner or later they’d run a bit  closer , but no .