tioga boar hunting

the blur

I went there once.it was the only canned hunt I ever did or will ever do. they bring you in a gate stand you by a tree and scare every animal in the pen to you.i wanted a hog and saw a bunch of them mixed in with goats,sheep and deer. after picking out a fat black hog I shoot it my arrow passed throw and deflected off a rock and stuck in another white/black hog ended up costing me $1000. we had to chase down the wounded one.two guys cornered it against a fence so I could finish it off. my friend buys farm pigs and said it was a good price for a pig.$450 for a 150lbs. pig.i know a few guys that go every year and love it,but it's not for me. 

• Like 1

Hmmm....Tioga is just down the road from me, about 20 minutes away....I have never hunted there, but the last I knew it was more like 200 acres....Perhaps they have made a recent real estate purchase, and become the NEW ZEALAND of north central PA...

On 10/10/2018 at 8:15 PM, the blur said:

So it's like killing a cow and stuffing my freezer..      

ok, I can deal with that, but wouldn't call it hunting.      I'll call it going to the meat reserve.. 

Or more like target practice go there only if you want to test out a new gun and maybe a new type of ammo .

Because hunting it's not. 

3 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

Went about 15 yrs ago with 5 good friends. Stayed 2 nights which was more fun than anything else. Did it in February so there was not much else to do. Couldnt pull the trigger bc there was Noahs Ark of animals all together just looking to be shot. I just couldn’t do it. Not for me

So what's the price if you dont shoot anything?