Barnett's Customer Service SUCKS !

fasteddie

I sent a question To Barnett's customer service almost a week ago . No response . I have heard others complain about their lack of service and couldn't believe a company could be so bad .

My oldest son has a Barnett Ghost 360 crossbow . If he tips his crossbow in a downward angle , the bolt will slip a bit and won't fire . If he tightens the bolt retention tang , it causes the end of the bolt to tip up . There must be a simple fix for this . It would be nice if Barnett could shed some light on the problem ! 

This past summer I emailed them a question and it took about 2 weeks I believe to get a answer,when I got the answer I had actually forgotten I even asked them it was so long.  I like their xbows but customer service is really bad.

Typical of almost ALL mfger's customer service departments. Lot of times it's easier & faster to look up the issue on the web or other forums and see how others have fixed the problem.

Eddie, isn't there a mid-adjustment on the retention tang that holds arrow snugly, but not overly so that it forces opposite end of arrow upwards? There is NO bending of those spring steel tangs! Off the cuff, maybe slightly score the retaining side of the tang with a file, Dremel, etc to give it a little more friction power. Goes w/o saying, this could effect arrows flight, fps, consistency, etc! Maybe there is an issue with the retention tang the mfger supplied, so CS is only resort to resolve your issue. UGH...!!!

Edited by nyslowhand

I keep telling anyone who will listen...stay away from Barnett. MY first crossbow was a Barnett (2003), it was in Florida getting fixed more often than it was in my posession. While I wouldn't call their customer service at that time poor, it was often very slow, and they misplaced my bow once, they sent me back a replacement that was a clunker too. Maybe they've gotten better, but I have my doubts....

• Like 1

Cant speak for Barnett, but I emailed Ruger Arms a week ago about a magazine issue in my 22 250.. I got the automatic email stating they will contact me shortly. Havent heard anything yet. Ill wait a bit longer and call in a week or two if i dont hear anything. Im not in a big hurry but would like a fix.. Im sure its not the easiest or quickest when one company supports a world full of people.. 

Only reason i contacted them was cause i heard they would fix the issue for free since it seems to be a re occurring issue.. 

Hope they contact you in the near future.. 

My first Xbow was a Barnett around 2007. I had so many issues with it that I didn’t even sell it when I replaced it after only a year. Their customer service was awful and their product was terrible. It was an impulse buy and I should have done more research because after I bought it and started having issues when I started digging around for info I found a lot of bad reviews and complaints.

Big problem right now is the time of year, all outdoor company’s are swamped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I sent a question To Barnett's customer service almost a week ago . No response . I have heard others complain about their lack of service and couldn't believe a company could be so bad .

My oldest son has a Barnett Ghost 360 crossbow . If he tips his crossbow in a downward angle , the bolt will slip a bit and won't fire . If he tightens the bolt retention tang , it causes the end of the bolt to tip up . There must be a simple fix for this . It would be nice if Barnett could shed some light on the problem ! 

I'm not sure how it's possible that tightening the bolt retainer can cause the end of the bolt to tip up?  The bolt should be flat on the flight deck and no amount of pressure should cause the arrow to lift off the flight deck unless the flight deck is bowed up in the middle or there is an obstruction in the fletch channel.

Eddie, I had the exact same issue with my Jackal last year.  You need to tighten the arrow retention spring just enough to keep the bolt in place.  Mine came with a replacement part too so swap them out if you have one.

Honestly, my confidence level in that xbow is so weak that if I don't get a new xbow soon, then I will skip the season outright.

• Like 1