How much you paying?

DanielT

59 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ha ha ha that’s funny , Moog ! Next time get up around 4 AM and put it in a neighbors tote .

I pay $80 and he does a top job, cut wrapped frozen . Plus I look forward to going there each year he’s a great guy , and tons of bucks to see .

I may just use him next time.  Deters me from shooting deer at times.

• Like 1

I don't pay a dollar. I used to take it somewhere but then I realized not only was it getting expensive, but I wasn't even getting close to all the meat I should get back. I tried 4 different guys and they where all pretty light bags I got back. Now I get twice as much meat and I know it's all mine, and it's all there.

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I may just use him next time.  Deters me from shooting deer at times.

Tell him you know me, he should say my favorite FF or , one of my best hunters . He’s a good salesman that way .

One time Joe and I each got bucks and took them there, we asked the young gal who checks them in to take a pic. She said oh Father and son ? Wtf, joes maybe five years younger then me .

He’s given me hats, and when I brought in a small one he charged me a little over half, something I would never ask for though .

$98 is certainly not unreasonable.  I always do my own , its just part of it to me and I am very picky on what i do with the meat.  If Millers in lowville was a bit closer i would consider going there, but had a couple bad experiences with the local garage shops in the area.  Got steaks back with more bone dust than can believe.  Which tells me they werent cleaning the game or the equipment very well.   

32 minutes ago, sodfather said:

There I things I will do myself and things I hire out. Spending $100 to have a deer processed is worth it in my opinion 

Buck n doe $70.  Steaks / tenderloin: chops / ground / burger with no pork / roasts / stew / cubed steak.  Packaged wonderfully, no hair , can freeze for years if need be   Hot dogs , sausage etc cost extra 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

$98 is certainly not unreasonable.  I always do my own , its just part of it to me and I am very picky on what i do with the meat.  If Millers in lowville was a bit closer i would consider going there, but had a couple bad experiences with the local garage shops in the area.  Got steaks back with more bone dust than can believe.  Which tells me they werent cleaning the game or the equipment very well.   

I never did care for the bandsaw for venison also the only deer ever taken to have butchered the roasts still were not even cleaned I had to remove tallor and the silver skin.Never again do my own and know it is my Deer.

• Like 1

When our cabin burned down in 2000 we used a butcher for a couple of years and there was always a ton of deer there. There was no way of knowing if I got my deer back. What if someone gut shot a deer and didn't find it for a day or 2. Or if coyotes got to it.

If you have no choice then def go to a butcher like I have before but if you can do it yourself I think it's worth the extra couple of hours of work. It is a lot of work though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:51 PM, sodfather said:

There I things I will do myself and things I hire out. Spending $100 to have a deer processed is worth it in my opinion 

Exactly. Due to work patterns in the Fall, my time is precious. Maybe 3-5 days off from 10/1 to the end of muzzleloader. I rationalize that I'm buying more precious time, not buying butchering services. I do one of my own every couple of years just to remind myself that I'm painfully slow, and not very good at it.

• Like 3

Paid on my first deer. 100$ I asked for just the prime cuts and roasts whole. Anything else go to grind..

Got back a lb or so of grind. 2 roasts and a bunch steaks and chips steaks.

My almost 200lb doe biggest I've ever shot. Got me 30ishlbs of meat. Shoddily packaged and bloody.

Had to vac pac it all once I got it home

Last time I ever paid.

I can have it processed and packed in about 3 hrs. Prime cuts and roasts. Then stew meat or grind chunks. However you look at it.

I now get more meat in my freezer per deer.

That said, I'm busier this season. So after I process one. I'd take any after an hour away to a reputable outfit for all custom stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Paid on my first deer. 100$ I asked for just the prime cuts and roasts whole. Anything else go to grind..

Got back a lb or so of grind. 2 roasts and a bunch steaks and chips steaks.

My almost 200lb doe biggest I've ever shot. Got me 30ishlbs of meat. Shoddily packaged and bloody.

Had to vac pac it all once I got it home

Last time I ever paid.

I can have it processed and packed in about 3 hrs. Prime cuts and roasts. Then stew meat or grind chunks. However you look at it.

I now get more meat in my freezer per deer.

That said, I'm busier this season. So after I process one. I'd take any after an hour away to a reputable outfit for all custom stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Probably because they keep the meat for their sausage they sell back to people

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

around here it seems to be around $80. venison products with added seasoning or pork fat is extra.  it's worth it in a sense of hassle and time savings, but not worth it when it comes to quality. i trim and spend more time on my own than any processor could, and still stay in business.

I've been processing my own since I was in my 20's. That way I know it's done right and I am consuming meat that I took great care with from shot to freezer.
My buddies have a guy on the NY/NJ border that turns theirs into fantastic breakfast sausage, snack stix , hot dogs and kielbasa. We always share meat back and forth and they are very generous, but if I fill a second tag this year, i think I might have them take it to this guy. I don't know what he charges and I don't care. This organic free range protein that we harvest would be worth a fortune if you could even buy it retail.

I’m not far from there do you have a name and number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk