Broadhead

kperez1980

After releasing my arrow, the next thing that arrow touches will be the deer I shot at.

I have some hub style blinds with the "shoot through mesh" on them. First thing I did was pull that mesh down. Didn't even try to shoot a practice arrow through it.

• Like 2

Fixed blade yes you can, we had to set up a ground blind to hunt a apple tree so I had my son shoot through the screens  a bunch in the back yard . we made sure we kept it tight and it didn’t affect the flight. But in a ground blind with all screens up it hinders seeing well in the last legal shooting light. So we ended up pulling the screens down in the direction we were expecting to shoot a deer. We  would dress waist up in black to blend in with the inside of the blind. Seemed to work well .. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kperez1980 said:

Thanks I assumed it would have a an affect on its trajectory as well as other things. A shotgun it wouldn’t buy anything can disrupt a Broadhead arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot them through the side of the blind like Moog does ! :taunt:

I posted this on 10/30 in another thread with the same question:

I would not shoot a broadhead through those screens if you haven't tried it during the process of shooting at targets to get ready. It's not like shooting through a sheet of paper to paper tune. It's cloth, and I have always felt that it would screw up the natural flight of the arrow and slow it down. First the BH hits, possibly hindering the rotation, then the vanes/feathers hit possibly causing even more error in the arrow flight. I took the screens out of my blinds for just this reason. I would have to think a mech BH would be even worse. But, this is just my opinion, so perhaps others will chime in on this subject matter.

I'm not even sure I would shoot a bullet through those screens.

I have shot through the screens before and as long as the screen is tight and the shot is close there is no problem. Make sure you have a cut on contact broadhead though. If you are nervous about it take them down. You don't want to be thinking about anything but picking a spot on that animal.

• Like 2