Loading For Saturday

Jafo

I have been checking the weather report over and over and it looks like it is going to be a damp couple days here in 5H.  I am curious about something.  I have an old ball & cap kit ML that my grandfather built in the 80's and in his memory, I figured I would try to take a deer with it this year.  I am a little concerned about when to load it though.  You see, camp is damp, especially in the rain..  Should I load this thing up here at home, where the AC has been on for a couple days and the air is nice and dry, then saran wrap the end and the nipple until I am in my blind Saturday morning or should I load it that morning? 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Thanks.  I think I am going to load it that morning as the wood stove will hopefully dry the camp right out.  I will leave it in the truck that night, bring it in, swap it, fire 2 or three caps through it, then load it.  I guess that's the best I can do.

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Snapping 2 or 3 caps through it is very important...By doing that I have managed to go 40 years or so with only one failure to fire, and that was after I had the rifle loaded for several days...

Yes, makes sense.  I think I will drop a single "grain" or two in the nipple for good lucks sake. :)