Buck found on our front steps

Lever action

A couple of weeks ago my wife was leaving our house to take our daughter to school, when she opened the front door a buck was laying dead on our front steps.

He was hit by a pickup truck about 4:30 am and then ran into the front of our house , in which he put one of his horns through our new vinyl siding, then he ran into my wife's car and died  at the base of our front steps.

Nothing like having venison delivered right to your house by the deer itself.LOL

001.JPG

• Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

That's amazing.  My hunting buddy two years ago on last day of bow season came home from hunting and there was a dead button buck in his front shrubs next to the house.  It wasn't there when he left.  He called me asking if I thought I was funny dropping that deer off. Had no idea what he was talking about as he thought I did it. Lol.  

It had been shot and must've ended up there.  Crazy.  Never thought i was gonna hear anything like that story again. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Unfortunately we were unable to keep the deer. I 'm a truck driver and was on the road when my wife called about the deer. Couldn't believe it but since then 2 more deer have been hit in front of our house.There are a lot of houses in our neighborhood but there is a corn field out back that's attracting the deer.I put one of my trail cameras in our back yard and had over 200 pics in 1 week and there was 3 different bucks, but all during the night.Thanks for the comments.

• Like 2