What'd You Forget?

Lawdwaz

I did! I still don't know what I forgot though but I definitely know I forgot something. I also forgot my favorite knife for my second sit. Luckily I always have 3 knives in my pack but I'm sure I was still forgetting something

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wooly said:

I figure no one would believe me anyhow if I said I went out without any broadheads on my arrows, so I'll go with THAT,lol:lol:

Or how about being in a hurry & forgetting to attach quiver? Having NO arrows when you finally realize it up in the stand!!!:O

Nothing this year, but you only have to go thru one of these "Oh crap" moments or for us dumb-a$$' may need 2-3X, before you go thru the mental exercise of getting ready for 1st hunt. What do I have, what do I need, what am I forgetting????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Or how about being in a hurry & forgetting to attach quiver? Having NO arrows when you finally realize it up in the stand!!!:O

Nothing this year, but you only have to go thru one of these "Oh crap" moments or for us dumb-a$$' may need 2-3X, before you go thru the mental exercise of getting ready for 1st hunt. What do I have, what do I need, what am I forgetting????

LOL- it was bad enough that 2 out of 3 arrows had no head whatsoever, and the final one I plucked from my quiver was the only one that even had a field tip.

Just this past weekend I was doing a little in season scouting checking on sign in the old orchard. On my way there I set my bow down by a tree I was looking over to hang a stand. I made my way into the orchard and had a look around for a bit and then decided I'd seen enough and would come back in the morning to hunt my regular spot then move some stands around for the evening. I make it all the way back out to the road before I realized my bow was missing! I said screw that, I'll pick it up in the morning. Morning came and there she was laying in the darkness right at the base of the tree where I left it. Needless to say I'm off to a REAL rocky start  this year,lol.

I'm just not into it like I used to be anymore.

• Like 1

two years ago - me and two other guys went up to the Dacks for an early bear hunting weekend and some fishing.  An older guy went with us and he said he was bringing a savage 99 - 300 that his Dad gave him.  So that night i said lets see that gun , i want to check it out.  He opens the gun case and is just staring.... .  I look at the gun and ask him - "I thought they were a lever action?'  he goes ... I brought the wrong gun this is a .22.  lol He had taken the gun out and put it in a case and had an old 22 in a case laying out and grabbed the wrong case.   Yup brought a .22 to a bear hunt.  Laughed like hell though!    So we are out hunting and of course he stayed near us and just scouted and carried a pistol he brought.  But my other buddy whittled him a sharp stick to use.  We never saw a bear but laughed a damn lot! 

• Like 1

Not this year but once i did forget something pretty important. A lot of my hunting years ago was the “squeeeze it in” variety between kids practices and family responsibilities etc. one time I ran home to grab the dog to make the hour drive to look for pheasant that I heard were recently released. Run home, dump the kids, grab all the gear for the dog, through the dog on the car and head out. 35 minutes later I have THAT FEELING of forgetting something. It was so strong I pulled over on the shoulder to check my trunk. NO GUN!
Boy was he pissed when we turned around and headed home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Headlamp/tracking light on my first hunt.  Sorely missed trying to track in the dark!  Glad I had those expensive uncharged crazy bright wicked lights sitting at home.   lol

Headlamp hangs from top strap of pack, Fenix PD35 ( up,to 1,000 true  out the front lumens ) in pack, back up PD35 in truck , and Single cell Fenix on key ring , extra batteries in pack ..

I like flashlights .....

• Haha 1