Flu season

Water Rat

I saw on the news recently that over 80,000 people died in the US from the flu last year. I already had my flu injection but thought it might be a good reminder to those who haven't. It wont prevent you from getting the flu but it will make the symptoms less severe. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I saw on the news recently that over 80,000 people died in the US from the flu last year. I already had my flu injection but thought it might be a good reminder to those who haven't. It wont prevent you from getting the flu but it will make the symptoms less severe. 

My doctor, that Ihave see once a year for Insurance purposes, tells me a person is better off eating the right foods  to strengthen the bodies immune system. 

• Like 1

Basically from what I understand is it's generally for the young and elderly. Those are the high risk groups. There are also a lot of rumors that the flu shot actually causes the flu and autism etc...

Some years I get the shot and some years I don't. I can't remember the last time I had the flu. I drove my wife to Walgreens to get hers and I figured I might as well to since I'm here.

I used to get the flu each and every time since I was younger. If it was going around, I would catch it. About 15 years ago, my employer at the time began offering flu shots and I figured what the heck, why not? I still caught the flu here and there, maybe 3-4 times since I started getting the shots. Those years I've heard it explained that the vaccine strain didn't match the actual strain or whatever those details were. Sometimes I felt a tad "flu-ish" the next day, but I never actually came down with the flu from getting the shot.

I believe since I started getting it annually, it's cut down my years of dealing with the flu by at least 50%, and that's enough for me to keep getting it annually. I still catch just about every other damn thing, like stomach bugs, colds, etc. As a matter of fact, people at work have all been complaining of a cold for the last week, and today I feel like I may be getting it - figures, I was hoping for my first sit of the season tomorrow afternoon. Off to the store at lunch for some Zycam and vitamin C!

The doc shot me up on Wednesday.  I always get some light symptoms the next day or two, and I'm just now coming out of the stuffy head and cough.  Haven't had full-blown flu since I've started receiving shots.  I'm definitely in support of the shots, especially with my 1 yr. old running around now.

• Like 1

Never got the shot never will. My brother is a doctor and has to get it by law but hates the fact that he has to get it. Most doctors he works with are strongly opposed to getting it themselves but have to by law to work in a hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Never got the shot never will. My brother is a doctor and has to get it by law but hates the fact that he has to get it. Most doctors he works with are strongly opposed to getting it themselves but have to by law to work in a hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why am I thinking of that movie Bubble Boy right now :)

download-15.jpg