Remember these ?

Water Rat

I remember both.  When you opened and shook or squeezed one of those Nestle Quick cans you'd get that powder dust up your nose.  Was like breathing in asbestos.  LOL

I remember another vaccine commercial on TV where the doctor put a shot into a holster on his hip like a pistol.  They didn't make trips to the doctor anything to look forward to for kids in those days with commercials like that.  LOL

6 hours ago, fasteddie said:

They used that damn thing to give shots when I was in the Marine Corps . If they didn't have it close enough to your arm , it hurt like hell . 

When was in the Army I was waiting in line to get my shot.  A fellow ahead of me moved his arm at the wrong time and the gun opened up a nasty horizontal cut about 2 inches long that instantly bled like a stuck pig. I actually looked forward to shots with old fashioned needles after that!

Yeah, still remember forming a line while in elementary school for those mass shot clinics. Pretty sure it was polio vaccination, regards it was w/o any parental consent, IRC. Now that I'm thinking about it, believe there were two people administering shots, one in each arm.