blackbeltbill

Rabbit Hunting At Stewart State Forest.

Wonder how Local Hunters are doing with the Rabbit Hunting. When Hiking, I always see plenty right on the narrow roads.  I don't see as many rabbits down in Sterling Forest State Park. Last Fall, a hunter took a Huge rabbit right at the old raincoat factory he told me.  The old raincoat factory is now gone. Nice flat field where it used to be.

Stewart is the one place where, I see plenty of Rabbits when, I Hike or Bike there. They always seem to hang very close to those Narrow old Dirt Roads that run through the nearly 7,000 acres. At the close of Firearms Deer Season is when, I like to Bike in there as the Main Gates on New and Ridge Road will be Locked and the perimeter parking areas will be open. This is a great time for walk-in hunts for Pheasants and Rabbits as well.

Right-- Wilkens Pond. Plenty of big Bullfrogs in there as well.

I stress looking for good bull frog spots. How accessible from an access point is this pond. I don’t know this area very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to park at the popular Hiking parking area off of RT 17k/Barron Road North. That Pond is a good 1 mile+ Hike past the Locked Gate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, osbourne said:

I stress looking for good bull frog spots. How accessible from an access point is this pond. I don’t know this area very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a hard time finding a good frog spot anymore these days.  

• Like 1

I have another good pond that, I might want to try myself at Stewart for Bass.  Wilkins is good-- but the Black Flies there are thick. Their bite is horrible. Fresh can of Deep Woods Off and hope for the best if you hit this Pond.

• Like 1