Earth scent / No scent / what scent

nybuckboy

Scent free as much as possible for me. Scent free dryer sheets and detergent for washing. No matter what we do, a down wind deer will still smell us. There is no cover scent that will mask our human odor. So always hunt with the wind in your face. 

I have a saying, "the only scent that makes sence, is common sence, hunt the wind".

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

My outer clothes, get washed in scent free stuff and hung up,outside at the beginning of bow . My under clothes , base  layers, tend to be mostly street clothes and washed with the normal wash at our house .

Im not even sure why I wash the outer layers in “ special “ soap .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Scent free wash,  hang outside to dry at beginning of season. They will stay outside the rest of the season where I will change in and out of them(covered porch). Also trying nose jammer this year. Seems to be working on younger bucks have yet to encounter a big one. 

I wash my clothes when I smell them in regular detergent. I was my hair with regular shampoo and my ass with regular soap. It’s impossible to trick a deers nose just easy to trick hunters into opening their wallets.

That being said if going through a scent control regiment helps your confidence and keeps you in the stand longer, it’s working and don’t change a thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I do scent free on my out layers, and use dead down wind spray when i feel necessary .. 

My inner layers get washed with normal clothes wash. I just try not to stink like i used to back in high School when i thought certain fragrances brought the ladies in running lol.. 

Scent free clothes wash and drier sheets for me. Scent killer spray before I head to the woods.

Last year I tried some "earth scent" spray and got busted everytime in similar conditions that I had not been busted before. I have also tried those cover scent wafers in the past with similar results to the spray I tried last year.

First off, always ALWAYS hunt with the wind in your favor! You do that and you can wear your wife's perfume out there.

But, to make me feel better here's my routine. Dead down wind wash and dryer sheets. DDW shower. Ozonics in the cloths locker for the rest of season. Ozonics on stand, and always running.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

First off, always ALWAYS hunt with the wind in your favor! You do that and you can wear your wife's perfume out there.

But, to make me feel better here's my routine. Dead down wind wash and dryer sheets. DDW shower. Ozonics in the cloths locker for the rest of season. Ozonics on stand, and always running.

Got an ozone bag for Xmas from GF and been using it a lot this year .  Dunno for sure if it makes a difference but it makes me feel better.  Lol

• Like 1

As everyone else had said, wind is key. With that said, I keep my clothes tote full of natural scent, whether it's corn, acorns, pine branches, etc that they're already used to. 
Definately a good idea, but keep in mind what's familiar to the deer your hunting. Even natural scents can get deer weary.

If you walked into a pizza place but smelled curry....

Keep my clothes in bins with 1 or 2 earth scent wafers after scent free washing and UV killer treatments.. Wont use estrous in the woods until the peak of the rut which has worked for me in the past so why not. I usually doctor up scrapes with buck urine or my own urine

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Got an ozone bag for Xmas from GF and been using it a lot this year .  Dunno for sure if it makes a difference but it makes me feel better.  Lol

The Scent Crusher? My son and I have those and from my experience over the last 2 seasons, I'm a believer!