Mission crossbow

1 minute ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Seems to be . It’s limbs are wider then 17 inches and it’s draw weight can go from 125-200# , 100 and 200 are the min and max in NYS .

Thank you, thats what I am seeing too.  It gets a little confusing at times because not all their crossbows are listed with the same wording as far as their specs go.

Powerstroke, is that the distance of travel from cocked to uncock where the bolt is propelled? 

3 hours ago, Bionic said:

Great, thank you, happy you bought it? Been good?

yes one of top.5 fastest bows ,only issue is broadhead that need to fit in the slot at front .i use rage crossbow heads . other ones may give you issue if to wide or not enough angle on blads if 3 bladed

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

yes one of top.5 fastest bows ,only issue is broadhead that need to fit in the slot at front .i use rage crossbow heads . other ones may give you issue if to wide or not enough angle on blads if 3 bladed

Thank you Sir

I will be stopping at my local bow shop to take a look.

Edited by Bionic

I ordered the Mission MXB 400 this evening. 

Now to see if I can cock it without the crank. I don't wear a prosthetic arm when rifle hunting, so I don't plan to use my crossbow with a fake arm either....I want to see of I can use the rope cocker, I love defying the odds of what people think I can/cannot do :D

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 3:46 PM, Bionic said:

Thank you, thats what I am seeing too.  It gets a little confusing at times because not all their crossbows are listed with the same wording as far as their specs go.

Powerstroke, is that the distance of travel from cocked to uncock where the bolt is propelled? 

Powerstroke is basically the same a draw length on a compound and just what you said! Yes, Xbows are spec'ed as (A-A) distance between centers of cams as a width, not the same as how NY DEC regs define min width. This is what happens when politicians and people that have no clue about Xbows make legislation. It can be confusing, to say the least.

Ropes for manually cocking Xbows have come a long ways in a few years. Originally you could possibly overload one cam more than the other by unevenly pulling on rope handles. Believe most have small pulley gizmos where rope attaches to string to prevent overloading issue. Due to the mechanical advantage of having a 2pt pull on the string to cock a Xbow, you basically are pulling 1/2 the total draw weight and 1/2 of that thru each handle. Not sure how you apply this advice to your situation, but for me I had to experiment with the rope length on the 1st Xbow I had. Meaning as short a rope as possible, bending over Xbow and doing most of the drawing with shoulders & back, with final few inches drawn using arms. There's nothing magical about those ropes or how they're assembled on the hand cockers, if you cut one too short it can be replaced and simply use the pulleys/handles from the original one.Sure there's tons of useful & not so useful stuff on youtube, you might be able to adapt to your situation.

Fact - A 2nd shot is even less likely with a Xbow than a compound/long bow due to the distinct THWACK noise made when an arrow is released. JMO, I'm a treestand hunter and when I got my current Xbow I opted for the ratcheting cocking decive. Might not be true, but I envisioned some issues with trying to recock up in a stand with a manual rope cocker. Alright, I'll admit it - I'm an old fart and lazy, so the mechanical cocker is a dream come true for me! LOL

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Powerstroke is basically the same a draw length on a compound and just what you said! Yes, Xbows are spec'ed as (A-A) distance between centers of cams as a width, not the same as how NY DEC regs define min width. This is what happens when politicians and people that have no clue about Xbows make legislation. It can be confusing, to say the least.

Ropes for manually cocking Xbows have come a long ways in a few years. Originally you could possibly overload one cam more than the other by unevenly pulling on rope handles. Believe most have small pulley gizmos where rope attaches to string to prevent overloading issue. Due to the mechanical advantage of having a 2pt pull on the string to cock a Xbow, you basically are pulling 1/2 the total draw weight and 1/2 of that thru each handle. Not sure how you apply this advice to your situation, but for me I had to experiment with the rope length on the 1st Xbow I had. Meaning as short a rope as possible, bending over Xbow and doing most of the drawing with shoulders & back, with final few inches drawn using arms. There's nothing magical about those ropes or how they're assembled on the hand cockers, if you cut one too short it can be replaced and simply use the pulleys/handles from the original one.Sure there's tons of useful & not so useful stuff on youtube, you might be able to adapt to your situation.

Fact - A 2nd shot is even less likely with a Xbow than a compound/long bow due to the distinct THWACK noise made when an arrow is released. JMO, I'm a treestand hunter and when I got my current Xbow I opted for the ratcheting cocking decive. Might not be true, but I envisioned some issues with trying to recock up in a stand with a manual rope cocker. Alright, I'll admit it - I'm an old fart and lazy, so the mechanical cocker is a dream come true for me! LOL

Thank you for the info, I am as new as it gets to crossbows.  The bow shop, and I are going to come up with a way for me to pull the bow back without the crank.  I will still most likely buy the crank though, i really want to have both options.  Yeah, lol the wording is confusing for me, I even called my local DEC regional office for a direct yes, or no, if an adjustable draw weight was legal for hunting.  Crossbow was 225 at its max, but was able to be dialed in a 200, etc.....nope not legal.  As far as laws, they irritate me to be completely honest, I feel a lot of it is out of control.  I am talking about all sorts of different laws, amongst many topics.  For example, NY wants me since I was 16 to have a "steering wheel assist" aka suicide knob on the steering wheel of my vehicles, PLUS an automatic transmission.   I actually have those restrictions on my license.  Im 31, and have had 4 manual transmission commuter cars, that I had put 25k miles a year on each, over a combined 14 yrs.  I refuse to use the suicide knob, and I run backhoes, excavators,  stump grinders, trenchers, chainsaws,  on and on, and these folks in Albany think they know best.  I get it though, they can't find an expert in each field of what they are setting rules/laws for, but some of the rules set, just do not make a lot of sense.  A 225 lb draw weight would kill someone accidentally,  just like a 200 lb draw would, unless I am missing a key bit of info here.  Why not simlly have a minimum draw, this way it does have enough power, and distance to clean kill an animal if you truly aimed ethically. 

I don't know, it's early, and sipping coffee....not really venting,  just thinking out loud as I read your reply.