Young 6 pt Buck

132 eight pointer

Yesterday morning around 9 on state land,the light rain had stopped when 2 bucks walked in from my left side. I had plenty of branches to screen me as I stood and drew waiting for the second buck to cross a clear area out in front of me.He was approximately 25 yds when I released the arrow.I thought it was a good lung shot.The bucks ran about 40 yards in to some brush.I watched this one twitching his tail and not acting like a lung shot deer. Then I watched him bed down.I stayed in my climber and waited. The other buck walked around a bit and 5 minutes later this one stood up and was very wobbly on his feet.He walked behind some trees where I could not see him and I heard branches snapping.A few minutes later I saw one of the bucks wander off but I couldn't see far through the green woods to know if one or two bucks had walked away.I knew I had better wait because the last thing I wanted to do was push the deer if he was laying 50 yards away wounded.So I sat for another hour.Meanwhile a bigger buck walked through right near where I last saw this one but I would not have had a shot at him even if I had not shot this one.Finally I decided to quietly climb down and look for the arrow if it was where the deer was when I shot and go back to the car for a while.I climbed down and found a very blood covered arrow behind where the deer had crossed the clear opening. The blood had no bubbles but the arrow was painted with it pretty much from point to nock. Because there was so much blood on the arrow I decided to look where I last saw the buck and found him dead . The shot was too far back but I got lucky there were perfect 3 blade broadhead slices through the liver.IMG_0917.thumb.JPG.442c4dede0da235328b76c5e0213d3bc.JPG

• Like 37

Yesterday morning around 9 on state land,the light rain had stopped when 2 bucks walked in from my left side. I had plenty of branches to screen me as I stood and drew waiting for the second buck to cross a clear area out in front of me.He was approximately 25 yds when I released the arrow.I thought it was a good lung shot.The bucks ran about 40 yards in to some brush.I watched this one twitching his tail and not acting like a lung shot deer. Then I watched him bed down.I stayed in my climber and waited. The other buck walked around a bit and 5 minutes later this one stood up and was very wobbly on his feet.He walked behind some trees where I could not see him and I heard branches snapping.A few minutes later I saw one of the bucks wander off but I couldn't see far through the green woods to know if one or two bucks had walked away.I knew I had better wait because the last thing I wanted to do was push the deer if he was laying 50 yards away wounded.So I sat for another hour.Meanwhile a bigger buck walked through right near where I last saw this one but I would not have had a shot at him even if I had not shot this one.Finally I decided to quietly climb down and look for the arrow if it was where the deer was when I shot and go back to the car for a while.I climbed down and found a very blood covered arrow behind where the deer had crossed the clear opening. The blood had no bubbles but the arrow was painted with it pretty much from point to nock. Because there was so much blood on the arrow I decided to look where I last saw the buck and found him dead . The shot was too far back but I got lucky there were perfect 3 blade broadhead slices through the liver.IMG_0917.thumb.JPG.442c4dede0da235328b76c5e0213d3bc.JPG

Nice. Almost like double brows. Why wouldn’t have shot the bigger buck tho if you had a tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk