What ML bullet..

LET EM GROW

Im shooting 200 grains of pyrodex pellets behind a 250 grain hornady SST sabot out of my Rem ultimate ML. The reason being it shoots noticeably better with 200 grains of powder vs 150 or less. I haven't gotten to experiment with different powder/bullets as i had hoped to, but i did buy some blackhorn 209 and plan on working up a load in the future.

• Like 1

I have a Triumph. I used to shoot Shockwaves but I didn't like how them performed on game. I'm shooting a Hornady Monoflex now, which is supposed to perform like the Barnes bullets. My Triumph shoots them very accurately with 110 grains of BH209 and Federal 209A primers. I have not had the chance to shoot a deer with the Monoflex yet. The reviews online seem positive.

I always had good luck with the shockwaves. I switched to 250gr. Hornady Monoflex 5-6 years ago and they're awesome! I killed 3 doe in a half hour a few years ago with them.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I shot off a "Bench" with my Omega and Triumph with Triple 7 pellets and 250 gr shockwaves a couple years ago at a range of 225 yrds. I was happy with the roughly 3" group they both held.  They are very accurate IMO.. And if anyone has ever noticed what they do to lungs when they rip through them.. know why they are called shockwaves lol. Impressive, just small hole in small hole out.

• 3 weeks later...

CVA Wolf with 4 * 30 gr 777 pellets for 120 total shooting 250 gr TC Shockwave/Hornady SST. Best group I've had is sub 1" @ 100 yards with 3, though if I'm honest normally I'd say it's a couple of inches.

I tried the hornady hunter mushroom ones with the black sabot and they just weren't that accurate for me.

I've not tried any other charges or any other than those two bullets because the 120 pellets plus shockwave are so good I've not felt the need.

Have yet to even see a deer while hunting with this rig because all the deer at any place I hunt disappear the day after gun season starts.

• 1 month later...

My load of a .452 300-grain Hornady XTP in a black MMP sabot on top of 100 grains by volume of 777 loose powder and a CCI 209 primer has 4 deer in my freezer so far this season.  I prefer the XTP pistol bullet over "dedicated" ML bullets since it just seems to work better in my TC Pro Hunter FX.  I've tried the ShockWaves (repackaged Hornady SST's), SSTs, Powerbelts, and Conicals.  This load just seems to be accurate and lethal.  I don't ever plan on changing it up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...