Dogs

OtiscoPaul

my chubby hes a big boy ,we tried everything we got him big that's why we named him chubby. Hes 10 and not in good health his hips are going but i'll keep him going as best we can. I told my wife I don't want him to suffer so when its time i'll do what I have to do .My family gets very attached to our dogs.

419577_10150537300842415_104689800_n.jpg

26195793_10215184683236647_4907366691902367681_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

May I ask? Are you Buddhist or just into Steely Dan?

Love Steely Dan seen them several times since they started touring again in the 90's...

I also was pretty torn up about Otis so I put some of his possessions in my pocket and when I picked up the puppy aka the selection of the Dalia Lama. 

I had pick of the litter and sure enough Bodhi jumped right off a pile of 10 sleeping 7 wk old puppies to jump in my lap.  

We used to also call him Black Otis.

• Like 1

(L to R) Brody, Mindy and Jake.  Brody is a pure bred Golden rescue and a big goof of a dog.  He even 'talks' like a wookie.  Mindy is the boss, a mostly Ridgeback mix rescue.  She is a habitual close talker.  Then there is my near 16 yo pup Jake.  A pure bred Yellow Lab and just the best dog that I ever could have asked for.  Jake cannot stand up without help anymore and I'm struggling to make the final decision to say goodbye.  

Thanks for posting this thread, OtiscoPaul.  

Christmas dogs.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks again everyone I didn't intend it but this has been a fitting and very fulfilling tribute to my big baby of a Lab.

Jdubs (my Otis also spoke Wookiee) what a blessing to get 16 great years from such a good friend...it's like an entire extra lifetime.

IMG_5696.PNG

IMG_5695.PNG

This is my pack for now (time to get up for school):

IMG_5700.thumb.PNG.7fa9eb461d487b945adec5a3b7657540.PNG

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 7

We have Shelby who is a 10.5 year old husky/ Norwegian elkhound mix. Shes our first baby, before kids. Shes more of a house cat than a dog at her age. We bought Cuda to give her a friend to play with. They get along but hes quite hyper compared to her.

And then theres Cuda he is 16 month old Belgian Malinois. He is a crazy dog but loves layin on the couch at the end of the night with you. 

20180604_101835.jpg

20181010_165034.jpg

20180827_170246.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/15/2018 at 5:44 PM, tarheel95 said:

Two labs for us. Both from guiding eye breeding program. Pepsi, the yellow, is ten and yielded 18 service dogs. Ikea, the black, is 18 months and getting ready to be bred for the next generation of service dogs.

Fantastic members of the family.

18163df9d33d8ba3b8df7a1772cf4492.jpg2129581c82e3b21092599130345b05ea.jpgf3c732b408b5a69718a640eec17fadbe.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Your dogs are gorgeous!

In college (many many moons ago) I helped raise a yellow lab seeing eye pup, Rosa.

We all secretly wanted her to fail so we could keep her.

These same old roommates of ours who like my wife and I are still together now with kids, just started training another guide dog...so fulfilling but so tough to let go!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 3

My wife and I have always had "his and her" dogs. "My" dog was the Brittany named Bullet whom we had to put down in 2010 due to congestive heart disease at 13 yrs of age. I was so attached to that dog, I haven't gotten another "his" dog yet.

"Her" dog is the little Maltese named Ruger. This little guy never leaves my side. In a 24 hr period this little guy is by my side for 23 of those hours. Loveable little guy, but ferocious when a stranger drops by. Super playful. Barks at the deer we see in the back yard and prances around proud as anything when the deer leave after his barking outburst. 

Bullet.JPG

RugerFace.JPG

• Like 5

Your dogs are gorgeous!
In college (many many moons ago) I helped raise a yellow lab seeing eye pup, Rosa.
We all secretly wanted her to fail so we could keep her.
These same old roommates of ours who like my wife and I are still together now with kids, just started training another guide dog...so fulfilling but so tough to let go!
Thanks very much.

If you are interested, take a look at fostering a brood or stud that they are breeding. You take care of them while they are in the breeding program and when they are retired you get first dibs to keep them as your pet. Much easier than getting attached to and having to give up the puppies. They are fantastic dogs and it has given great life lessons for my boys. They also invite you to the graduation ceremony of your dog's pups when they are paired with a sight impaired person. It is very moving. I can give you any details you need if you are interested.

They are easily the smartest and best behaved dogs I have ever been around.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My wife and I have always had "his and her" dogs. "My" dog was the Brittany named Bullet whom we had to put down in 2010 due to congestive heart disease at 13 yrs of age. I was so attached to that dog, I haven't gotten another "his" dog yet.
"Her" dog is the little Maltese named Ruger. This little guy never leaves my side. In a 24 hr period this little guy is by my side for 23 of those hours. Loveable little guy, but ferocious when a stranger drops by. Super playful. Barks at the deer we see in the back yard and prances around proud as anything when the deer leave after his barking outburst. 
Bullet.JPG.8a9dd65cef384b5d8cb657a1b57f8d61.JPG
RugerFace.thumb.JPG.53b03a98600af93734aa7377aef42b06.JPG

Oh man Bullet just has that Brittany look that is so unique to the breed. Lively, spirited, loving....great breed!
Then:
be237294c55cae63e45f47ad12efc392.jpg

Now:
39cc841ab7ed275216414ca98608781d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Bullet.JPG

RugerFace.JPG

It sounds to me like you have an "our" dog...I know the sort and they are great too!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1