Dogs

OtiscoPaul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What's a mini golden mixed with to get it so tiny? Or did you just get a runt?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In this case she is technically an F2 Mini Goldendoodle which can result in several different types.  

So she expresses mostly golden traits especially temperament but has a lot of toy poodle in her.

Most people who want a doodle want the poodle fur for hypoallergenic reasons and most F1 are, we did not and the F2 makes it possible.

There are also Mini Golden Retreivers that are produced by breeding with spaniels mostly Cav or Cockers.  They look like tiny Golden’s more often than not.

We needed a small dog to fit in the rv with the big dog, but we did not want typical small dog temperament...she acts 100% golden maybe the best puppy I’ve ever had after 1 full day and night.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

In this case she is technically an F2 Mini Goldendoodle which can result in several different types.  
So she expresses mostly golden traits especially temperament but has a lot of toy poodle in her.
Most people who want a doodle want the poodle fur for hypoallergenic reasons and most F1 are, we did not and the F2 makes it possible.
There are also Mini Golden Retreivers that are produced by breeding with spaniels mostly Cav or Cockers.  They look like tiny Golden’s more often than not.
We needed a small dog to fit in the rv with the big dog, but we did not want typical small dog temperament...she acts 100% golden maybe the best puppy I’ve ever had after 1 full day and night.
Very interesting

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 2/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, OtiscoPaul said:

She look's to have more of a Beagal than a poodle in her.

My pooch, Ted, whose full name is Theodore Roosevelt <last name>.  He's actually the great great grandson of my childhood dog, whom I will upload last .  He enjoys jumping 5 feet in the air to catch a frisbee, long walks in the woods, chasing bunnies & squirrels.  He's a pure bred Australian Shepherd, my family has been breeding them for 30+ years.

20170618_104025.jpg

20130414_113830.jpg

20140801_083753.jpg

20180225_094149.jpg

Scan 158.jpg

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, Dom said:

Where can I get one?That would be a nice pup for our grand daughter.

I found a young Mennonite breeder who was not a puppy mill in Penn Yann (I went there did not ship the dog or meet anywhere) dogs were raised in a really nice heated barn very clean mom is the family pet...reasonable price relatively, shots and wormed and “pedigree” 3 gens back (she is 3/4 poodle 1/4 golden).

”Reputable” breeders vary in degrees of jerk (a few are not) and prices range from 1500-5000 from said breeders, not many in the NE.

You can find them as comfort retrievers, Dakota retrievers, toy golden retreivers, mini golden retreivers, flat coated mini golden doodles...etc

As I said before mine is a mini golden doodle that results as often as 25% in the F2 crosses.  So we got lucky to find her despite her being non desirable for most golden doodle seekers.

6B3D163D-49F3-4CC2-BA17-307BCA8D4ED9.png

A9116E54-60D7-4F38-B646-36030177C1AF.png

AF5528BA-C92C-475F-ACD3-CB0A9BB3FD71.png

• Like 2