Bazaar ending for a Skunk in a trap

nobody

Was visiting my friend the other day in the country not far from Clayton,N.Y.. He has a trailer with a large add on he built on. We were sitting on his back deck in the warm Sun talking old hunting ect. memories. We have been friend,s for over 50 year,s and he is a avid trapper,

duck hunter, deer hunter and he,s getting around just as well as I am in the wood,s. I,m 3 days older than my buddy is and I still drag my deer out if the Good Lord provides me with the luck. I,m 78 but you know it just takes longer to drag one out to the road from my usual watch. I go a little way,s and when my ticker get,s to pounding pretty good, I stop for a rest. I use a really slick drag tarp that reduces the drag friction up to 46% so it say,s. We,ll let,s get talking about the Skunk in the trap thing. He told me that outside his trailer in the country where he live,s, some critter was getting into his garbage can,s. So he decided to set out a Racoon trap. Name or type  of trap is a Duke DP Coon trap. You can find them on Amazon. My friend has 4 of them. He set one out with in a foot or so beside his trailer and baited it. Now the next morning when he was leaving for work he checked the trap and he had a dam Skunk in it.  He dispatched the Skunk with a 22 and left for work thinking when he got back home he would deal with the problem then.

Now later after work as he pulled in his driveway he got out and went to check the trap. He was very surprised to only find a little blood on the ground and just a bit of fur left in the trap. He new what had happened to the Skunk and it was not any 4 paw creature. You guy,s got any idea,s ? He told me what ate the Skunk. Take a guess. Remember, this trap was right next to his trailer and the next home nearest to his trailer was a 1/2 mile. He lives in a very open area. The closest wood,s to his place are 300 yrd,s or so away.

Great horned owls love skunks...Being birds they have little if any sense of smell...

I also suspect that a coyote would have no qualms about eating a skunk....

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Alien abduction and autopsy.  Its about time they moved past humans in trailer parks and anal probing. 

DAMN....Some of those dudes in San Francisco trailer parks will probably MISS that anal probing...

• Haha 1

Good story for sure. I would say Wolverine- but, I don't know their range.

Really?!?! Wolverines seems rare - I would expect a much more likely suspect who so many fail to acknowledge. May I suggest dna testing or fingerprinting(or maybe TOE printing) the cage? Some even call them Skunk Apes and maybe we now know why!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That,s correct, Turkey Buzzard,s. That Skunk was almost totally picked clean from that trap. And as one of you guy,s said, that  it was a surprise to catch a Skunk in that Raccoon trap. Also surprised was my trapper friend when he saw the Skunk in his Raccoon trap.  He was suspecting Raccoon,s were the garbage varmint,s. Bazaar as I said. Anyway,s that took care of the garbage collector.

• Like 2

Win win situation.  

I once shot a skunk who was getting in the garbage.  This was 30 years ago at a place we owned and rented out in a resort area.  It didn't occur to me that the skunk would immediately release scent on being shot.  Had to pay exorbitant hotel charges for our tenants for a few days.  Won't do that again.