Whats your go to stand

HuntOrBeHunted

1 minute ago, HuntOrBeHunted said:

Ended up getting my first climber today. The cost kept me away for the longest but they were not getting any cheaper lol. I have ladder stands and hang ons and I always seem to not like the position or height choice so I figured a climber is the best way to stay mobile. And the deer patterns change so much around here when cold and rut comes in to play. 

If I didn't have a dinner date with the ol lady I would be testing it out this evening, Grrr lol.

she better be paying and i would have the steak! 

• Like 1

Summit Viper SD climber  and Muddy’s Vantage stand with 6 sticks are my normal go to. I do have a few ladder stands for my father. I just recently purchased 3 hang on stands for my new property to use in conjunction with my climbing sticks. 

24 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Forget "what"...I want to know is "where" is your go to stand.

I can say that every buck I have on the wall was killed from a different stand and some from different properties.  Best stand location is dictated by the bucks.  We just try to figure them out.  

That said, we do have a couple that seem to be regular producers and some that are likely doe stands.   

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

The 3 person one is even better. I darn near almost layed down and took a nap in that thing. One of been my first woods nap ever too. That thing could sleep 4

more deer been shot later in season out of this one. more bear out of the other.. ;)

Summit viper. I have even hauled it in and put it up 20 yards from a new ladder stand. It's comfortable and I can set height just right to get best shot. If I had my own land I would set up a (nice) ladder or something more permanent just to save time.