Legal illegal or just being a scumbag

Hunter007

This is a well known and heavily used small game hunting area there were  six cars in the lot people on public land need to be careful think about where your hunting and who is around is all I'm saying .

You have to be extra careful.

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

So is he a “scumbag” for hunting public land in a manner he so chooses as long as it’s legal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Actually I was thinking he is scumbag for trespassing  because I can guarantee you the owner of that land  would not  be hunting in that spot.

And he new he was doing something wrong because he waited until I was right on top of him and only waved when I waved first . He thought he was invisible up there  with his camo on  .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 2

Anyone should be off of property lines when they are hunting. If the guy was on private posted property as u have said and not the landowner he's a scumbag. If he's the landowner he's a dumbass. Sorry but I got a big problem with people rite on property lines don't matter if it's public or private just ain't safe. Throw in a nearby trail or other usage area and it's even worse

• Like 1

what's the difference if he was stalking deer down the trail or hunting out of a treestand? I've done both with success.If I bumped a deer more then once in the same spot i'd set a stand in midday and sneak in earlier the next morning.My brother shot a nice six five minutes after a bicycle rider went by.

Anyone should be off of property lines when they are hunting. If the guy was on private posted property as u have said and not the landowner he's a scumbag. If he's the landowner he's a dumbass. Sorry but I got a big problem with people rite on property lines don't matter if it's public or private just ain't safe. Throw in a nearby trail or other usage area and it's even worse

Interesting - the OP said nothing about this guy sitting on private property, just on a hiking trail. I guess the situation changed when he wasn’t as scummy for hunting just on a trail .... 1 finger

I am sure that private landowner appreciates your help with stopping trespassing 15” over the line assuming that owner was not the hunter.   But seriously if his line is on a public trail, i suspect this 5yd invasion from the public trail is the least of the owners concerns.  I thought the concern was camo or facing the trail, not trespassing?

My take on property line is this . As long as your shots are on your side go for it ! Yes I own land I also have exclusive use of other land , being farmland the lines are often hedgerows , I have had stands in them and so have the neighboring farms , no big deal .

I have a very nice thicket that holds nice deer, the farm to the south is as open as a golf course, their hired men sit just to the South of my thicket and shoot deer as they step off . I go over and congratulate them . 

One young guy I let hang a stand on edge of our thicket rather then sit in the drainage ditch that he was using .

I find working with the neighbors to be an advantage .

• Like 4

Interesting - the OP said nothing about this guy sitting on private property, just on a hiking trail. I guess the situation changed when he wasn’t as scummy for hunting just on a trail .... 1 finger

OP's second post.

To me this sounds like a high traffic choke point. Time to unload weapons and act like a safety zone

I love it when people have stories about public land and act all secretive about where it is. Not like you will get a flood of 10,000 new hunters after posting the location. Also not sure why it happened the "other day" and you just now feel the need to post about it, but it is what it is.

With that said, I don't think the guys was a scumbag, not at all. He wasn't doing anything against the laws in your first post. He was hunting within the laws and regs, as far as I have ever read there's no laws to say you can't set ON a trail. As for the not wearing orange, most bow hunters don't wear orange.

I don't get it? What's the big deal here?

Not sure I will reply more to this, but this sure is one of those :popcorn3: threads.

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Interesting - the OP said nothing about this guy sitting on private property, just on a hiking trail. I guess the situation changed when he wasn’t as scummy for hunting just on a trail .... 1 finger emoji112.png

It.  didn't  change I just forgot to write that part in . Was doing something else at the time as i was writing this so I had to cut it short .

Was walking to my spot on public hunting land today when a couple walking the trails stopped me and asked why I’m carrying a gun and hunting and that it’s not allowed. I then walked back out to the parking lot and showed them the tiny sign saying to beware of hunters during hunting season. This happened a few weeks ago too when bow opened. Point being, public land is odd, and it’s shocking how many people that are not hunting use the land during the season, and have no idea hunters are there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phillifan22 said:

Was walking to my spot on public hunting land today when a couple walking the trails stopped me and asked why I’m carrying a gun and hunting and that it’s not allowed. I then walked back out to the parking lot and showed them the tiny sign saying to beware of hunters during hunting season. This happened a few weeks ago too when bow opened. Point being, public land is odd, and it’s shocking how many people that are not hunting use the land during the season, and have no idea hunters are there.

I can believe it 

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

I love it when people have stories about public land and act all secretive about where it is. Not like you will get a flood of 10,000 new hunters after posting the location. Also not sure why it happened the "other day" and you just now feel the need to post about it, but it is what it is.

With that said, I don't think the guys was a scumbag, not at all. He wasn't doing anything against the laws in your first post. He was hunting within the laws and regs, as far as I have ever read there's no laws to say you can't set ON a trail. As for the not wearing orange, most bow hunters don't wear orange.

I don't get it? What's the big deal here?

Not sure I will reply more to this, but this sure is one of those :popcorn3: threads.

Green line is border orange is the trail I was on he was on top on other side of the green line .

Dont think you need more proof then that boss 20181016_211758.png.b42f62e57259bbd6ada7e0a7f855f5e8.png

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1