Legal illegal or just being a scumbag

Hunter007

No Actually I was thinking he is scumbag for trespassing  because I can guarantee you the owner of that land  would not  be hunting in that spot.
And he new he was doing something wrong because he waited until I was right on top of him and only waved when I waved first . He thought he was invisible up there  with his camo on  .
Does not mean he doesn't have permission from the landowner

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

The hunter did nothing wrong.

This thread reminds me of a thread that someone started last year about loosing power in their home. Just looking for something to cry about. 

Dont write misleading comments on my post please  that is  not even what I wrote .

Where did i write I was complaining?  I asked if there any regulations about hunting over a marked trail .

Something else to consider when bow hunting near border lines .

Lets assume he did not have permission , but  for argument's sake let's say he knows or thinks  the border line really is a  little farther back then the posted sign that  is  in front of him  by 5 feet  ,  now what happens if he sees  a deer and shoots and the deer runs off deep into the  private property? 

Now he has to go and find the owner or break the law even more then he probably already did  to recover that deer .

So either way he is  not being to smart to bow hunt in that spot. .

10 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Something else to consider when bow hunting near border lines .

Lets assume he did not have permission , but  for argument's sake let's say he knows or thinks  the border line really is a  little farther back then the posted sign that  is  in front of him  by 5 feet  ,  now what happens if he sees  a deer and shoots and the deer runs off deep into the  private property? 

Now he has to go and find the owner or break the law even more then he probably already did  to recover that deer .

So either way he is  not being to smart to bow hunt in that spot. .

since we are just making assumptions so he is in a tree on public property facing private property but has not shot an arrow not trespassing, not breaking any laws & you call DEC on him what do you assume they will say? My point is you can assume all you want Facts are what matter & the fact is he is legally hunting as were you. personally I think you should worry about your own hunt unless you actually saw him do something illegal "What if's" don't cut it

11 minutes ago, gfdeputy2 said:

since we are just making assumptions so he is in a tree on public property facing private property but has not shot an arrow not trespassing, not breaking any laws & you call DEC on him what do you assume they will say? My point is you can assume all you want Facts are what matter & the fact is he is legally hunting as were you. personally I think you should worry about your own hunt unless you actually saw him do something illegal "What if's" don't cut it

Now who's complaining:) and still are misrepresenting what I just wrote

Edited by Storm914

2 minutes ago, gfdeputy2 said:

Never said you were complaining & I am not either just stating Facts which appears you don't like

Ask a simple question if there was any regulations about hunting over market trails on public land .

Everyone said no so far that is all I wanted to know .

So I am still trying to make some sense of this topic. I must be missing something. What specific laws would he be breaking? How is any other person being harmed or inconvenienced? What's the big deal?

I wouldn't think the guy has picked out the best spot in the woods and chances are he won't really be accomplishing a whole lot, but it does remind me of a newbie up at work that decided to try hunting, and so he went out with a bunch of guys and sat at the base of a tree a few feet from all the parked cars. Yup!....You guessed it. He was the only one to get a deer that day and it was a pretty decent 8 pointer. He never went hunting again, claiming that it was just too damned easy.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gfdeputy2 said:

funny I remember reading more to your original post before you edited it but all good & No gain he was legally hunting

Well yea because I wanted to know if people think it was a safe thing to do even if not technically illegal as people have stated already .

Because actually i a few times jumped deer on trails and always waited until they got off  the trail before attempting to shoot at them .

Because I never was %100 sure on the regulations about public land marked trails ,  being considered different then a public  road in the regulations.