Legal illegal or just being a scumbag

Hunter007

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

This might be the best topic of the 2018 deer season!

I have nothing of any value to add to it other than I don’t call people Scum bags based on a lot of assumptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was asking a question 

maybe the title was a little misleading I guess :)

was asking a question 
maybe the title was a little misleading I guess

I’ll be honest I’ve read the entire thread and I don’t have a frigging clue what you’re asking. Like most of your threads you go in circles and get pretty annoying, although somewhat entertaining.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’ll be honest I’ve read the entire thread and I don’t have a frigging clue what you’re asking. Like most of your threads you go in circles and get pretty annoying, although somewhat entertaining.

That's kinda really more of the point but lol 

It got me thinking  about the regulation about not shooting over a public highway. 

Could that apply to a public land marked  trail ?   Because some of those trails are the width of a road .

That's kinda really more of the point but lol 
It got me thinking  about the regulation about not shooting over a public highway. 
Could that apply to a public land marked  trail ?   Because some of those trails are the width of a road .

Yea just what we need more senseless regulations.

I’m still saying this poor Bowhunter wouldn’t have to worry about any of this if the illegal, legal or scumbag small game hunter wouldn’t have been hunting small game on the trail he was trying to deer hunt.

A trail is not a road. Who cares if he shot over it, down it, at it, or anything else as long as hes being safe. Calling him a scumbag just isnt right. I also saw a comment about "you know he isnt the landowner" of the private land that borders the trail. How the hell do you know that? Maybe he is.

People need to learn to mind their own damn business. Unbelievable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

On a side not the poor bowhunter is probably on a different forum right now bitching about the damn small game hunter that walked under his stand 17 times back and forth to his car because he couldn’t figure out what gun to carry.

I support all hunters, but i don't fully understand the small game hunter in the deer woods. Not against it, just don't fully understand.

13 hours ago, phillifan22 said:

Was walking to my spot on public hunting land today when a couple walking the trails stopped me and asked why I’m carrying a gun and hunting and that it’s not allowed. I then walked back out to the parking lot and showed them the tiny sign saying to beware of hunters during hunting season. This happened a few weeks ago too when bow opened. Point being, public land is odd, and it’s shocking how many people that are not hunting use the land during the season, and have no idea hunters are there.

While I agree that people need to and should be aware of what's going on around them, the onus is really on the hunter to be aware of others. I don't hunt much public land anymore, but I have done quite a bit in the past. I've never felt that I had any more right to be there than a bird hunter or dog walker. It is what it is and I've always felt it was on me to reduce any risk a non-hunter would face. Even if someone puts a deer costume on their lab, I would hope we're all good enough to recognize and verify the target and not shoot at it.

• Like 1

Geeze I wish I was out in Hi-Tor right now 2.5 weeks to go. I wonder if that is where Storm hunts well maybe I should setup stand on the main trail see if I can see him

No no he is closer to NiNham in Carmel...awesome trails to hunt in there. Actually I killed my first deer ever (my biggest buck too) with a shotgun sitting on a rock wall behind a dead tree with a blue trail marker ON THE TREE I was behind!!! After I shot, I had three mountain bikers come by (mine in blaze) and say holy $hit that thing is loud? Pretty sure they moved that buck my way!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I support all hunters, but i don't fully understand the small game hunter in the deer woods. Not against it, just don't fully understand.

They release pheasants at this place usually dont see bow hunters there .

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, Belo said:

I won't pile on the OP, he's gotten beaten up enough it looks like.

But, I will say the same woods that holds deer often holds small game. Public land is everyone's playground.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

They release pheasants at this place usually dont see bow hunters there .

i bow hunted and pheasant hunted darien lake. some of the best bow hunting area was over on the edge of the fields where the deer hunters avoided because of the bird hunters... and the deer knew that. What's funny is that i often saw pheasant being pushed to me while bow hunting haha.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Understand what? they are hunting I never new there was just "Deer Woods"  and another woods for small game. Some one better tell the deer not to be around turkeys grouse rabbits etc . Guys its PUBLIC land period. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, land 1 said:

Understand what? they are hunting I never new there was just "Deer Woods"  and another woods for small game. Some one better tell the deer not to be around turkeys grouse rabbits etc . Guys its PUBLIC land period. 

you know exactly what I mean and if you can't figure it out, and arguing just to argue then I'm done.