are you into sports?

Robhuntandfish

I used to be a Steelers fan for football, Yankees fan for baseball, Celtics fan for basketball....I used to watch a ton of Yankees games, football every sunday and a lot of NBA games thrown in.  These days I might catch half a dozen baseball games a year, a couple of NBA playoff games and to halftime of the super bowl.  Just dont care for most pro sports anymore.  I will still also catch an SU basketball/football game here and there.   but have just gotten so i dont care to watch these anymore. Dunno why - its not because players in the NFL take a knee (although I def dont like that )  and it isnt because Derek Jeter died (i know he isnt dead but might as well be - retired and got married ...... the legend died....) I guess i just cant see myself sitting in front of a tv for 3 hours to watch these things.   One of the issues is the playoffs are all on later at night and i never get to watch them since i get up at 4am.  I got out of football first and a while ago.   I also started having a hard time blindly rooting for a team when there were players on it i didnt like at all (Arod).  I got so I would root for or follow individuals.  

Anyone else this same way?   I guess it became less important and less of a distraction that i no longer needed.  I would much rather spend that time hunting or fishing. And i dont really miss it. 

Actually I blame Tim Tebow!  lol not sure why yet, but thats what im going with. 

For me it was only foot ball but Motorsports was it for me .  nascar , drag racing , formula one , trophy trucks , monster trucks  heck I used to watch swamp buggy’s. But as you I was watching a nascar race on a beautiful summer day and I thought I have things I could be doing.Havent  watched nascar  for 15 years now and only catch a drag race every now and again. As for Football the whole kneeling thing was the nail in the coffin, but before that we’ll watching football or be out bow hunting no brainer.. 

Edited by rob-c

Used to watch most all of em.. Now I cant stand most any of them! Ill watch a Baseball game and maybe the occasional football game. Id almost rather watch my kids cartoons then any sports game anymore.. Bunch of overpaid drama queens .. Its not the same as it used to be.. 

I much prefer doing something than watching it.    After playing ball in college, I pretty much lost interest in watching sports with the exception of some of the finals (Super Bowl etc), ncaa b-ball tourney and olympics.  Even then, I am no rabid fan.   Never understood that mentality - to be so invested in a team that you have nothing to do with other than watch them.  

• Like 2

I watch the St. Louis Cardinals, and go see them in Pittsburg each year .

Never really watched football, basketball, and so forth , I couldn’t tell you who played in the Super Bowl .

I do like Professional Bull Riding , perhaps the last true sport . Guy gets thrown off, he just picks up his hat and walks off with his head down in shame .

Doesnt blame anyone , no excuses, far more and severe injuries . Guy in “ ball “ sports sits out because his hamstring is tight , these guys ride with broken bones .

Being from Buffalo, i typically watch the Bills and sabres. I dont catch every game, but if they are on and i have some free time i will tune in. I typically tune into the other sports playoffs and i watch more golf than most. I cant get into the baseball playoffs this year though. The games are just too long. 

Having two young boys who love sports we watch an occasional game when we have time. If though the Bills have punched their fans in the gut for years we still watch them in our house....usually we have something fun to eat and halfway through move onto something else that's needs to be done around the house.

We have taken the boys to a few Buffalo Sabres games and they enjoy trying to find the mascot more than actually watching hockey.

They are starting to become big baseball fans....this year we went to a Buffalo Bisons game and Atlanta Braves game, which the boys really enjoyed.

I consider myself pretty lucky because whether it's setting cams, fishing for bluegills or just relaxing and taking in a ball game..... my boys just love doing anything with their family!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

As a kid I was a huge baseball fan.  These days I will on occasion check baseball box scores, but my interest in any team sport is just about gone.  Complete waste of time.  I feel sorry for the people who have nothing better to do than watch sports for hours on end.  I truly wish I had all the time I wasted in my youth watching sports back.  I would definitely do something more productive with it if I could somehow get it back.

Edited by steve863

I have two grandsons involved heavily in sports. Both on the HS level. One in Baseball and Football. The other Soccer and Lacrosse .  I love watching their teams play! The youngest is playing way above his age level, in BB and FB.  The spirit and drive their teams display, is not seen too much in the professional ranks much anymore. Too many distractions now days for kids, like mindless video games, FB, or all the electronic devices.  I think any organized sport, or activity is a good thing for our youngsters. Hunting, fishing and other outdoor stuff included! Get em doing something!!!

But I do still follow the Yankees as that is a common conversation with the guys. We all are NYY fans. I remember listening to games on the radio with my grampy. And I do watch some NFL football games, as we all have different teams we follow. And we all kinda raz each other about who's team is doing what. Though I don't see too many games during hunting season. 

If I have something that needs to get done, it gets done, before I'll sit in front of the TV. And like most everyone here, I have a very busy life, and downtime is hard to come by. So when I do have some time to myself, I still enjoy watching a game, or even part of a game.

I can not watch 99% of the hunting shows out there, as they are so far from reality, I may as well watch WWE!

Edited by grampy