November or April frost seeding

I'm upstate in a winter wonderland and frost seeding is not possible until late April. My question is should I frost seed in late November or wait till April? I had success this year frost seeding in April but would like to try November in hopes that I will have success staying ahead of weeds. After improving soil for two years I would like to put this in clover so I can put effort into new food plots. The 3/4 acre plot is currently in radishes and turnips with little to no weeds. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Is this currently dead vegetation? If it were a couple weeks ago id say do it now with no problems. I spread some clover seed in early October this year.  Clover seed is a small hard seed but not sure how hardy it would be on damp fall ground, then covered in snow for months. If it stays frozen you should be fine. If it were me, id wait for March - April. I definitely wouldn't disk in the spring, you dont need to with clovers.. If you cant frost seed, once it turns green in spring, spread seed, then spray it off with gly and let mother nature do the work for you and you wont release weed seed in the process(key to successful clover plot). Can lawn roll it too to help it out..    

nov way to late , could of over seeded in sept. clover slow growing but still needs soil temps to germ and having it germinate and then get hit by a hard frost will just kill it.. the purpose in spring is to get the seed to obtain soil contact. when it warms enough it will then sprout.. in fall a frost will.cause it to get contact but 2 or 3 days of warm weather it will germ and then freeze as temps continual to cool vs warm as in spring