Favorite stand snack

moog5050

19 hours ago, Pygmy said:

This guy lives far north of the Arctic Circle...They are kind of short of veggies up there....They get  essential vitamins by eating the  stomach contents of the vegetarian animals they kill...They also need and crave fat..While George was butchering a caribou, he would  slice off pieces of the raw fat and  pop them in his mouth for snacks...Different world...

Stomach ain't exactly shit. I have seen the same but with specific animals at a specific time of year stomach contents being consumed. 

But this story is funny. South African have a game of distance spitting hard Impala pellets; about size of average NY doe. Called Bokdrol Spoeg; they have this at county fair type get togethers.

So I'm going to do this and they are so petrified, its like putting a rock in your mouth. So there we are 2 SA PH's and me in the yard spittin' turds, and 2 other hunters show up o join in......they had a few.

And the one guy takes a whole handful of jelly beans and before we know it, hes munching down on these and washing them down with a beer. Like a bowl full of tiny milk duds.:popcorn3:

I never laughed so hard in all my life in a hunting camp.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hell, I have an extra pack for food and water. And that's not counting my thermos of coffee. I take two ham or roast beef and cheese sandwiches, two  bottles of water and a bottle of juice if it is warm, some fruit, and some sort of candy. Some days I eat and drink it all, some days I have  a lot left over.  But, i can't stand sitting in a tree wanting a drink, or listening to my stomach growl.

• Like 2

Snacks are apples or granola bars. All day sits I add some sort of Sammy. PB&J or whatever deli meat we have at the house. Always have 2 bottles of water with me after getting caught out on a long track with no water.

If my daughter is with me she will have all sorts of candy but most important is skittles. 2nd year hunting we where about an hour in and she was getting bored so I suggested we open up some candy. She chose skittles and I told her it was a great choice as they can be good luck. Wouldn’t you know it not even 2 min later we had deer all around us.

Ever since that day she saves up skittles for the hunting season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3