potrtable blind recommendation for bow hunting.

brownclown

Im considering purchasing a blind for property i have permission to hunt. I primarily bow hunt so would like room for drawing preferably while standing.  I dont even know if that feasible from a blind as i have basically no experience with them. I also need it to be fairly light weight and portable in that its easy to set up and take down as i wouldn't be able to leave it at the property. At most i would be able to set up before and evening hunt, hunt, return for a.m. , hunt,  but then need to take down. But more typical would be evening or morning hunts setting up prior and taking down after.  Would that even work or would deer just be to wary of a magical blob appearing out of no where. i see most people leave them up for the season and brush in heavily to keep as natural as possible. 

Im considering purchasing a blind for property i have permission to hunt. I primarily bow hunt so would like room for drawing preferably while standing.  I dont even know if that feasible from a blind as i have basically no experience with them. I also need it to be fairly light weight and portable in that its easy to set up and take down as i wouldn't be able to leave it at the property. At most i would be able to set up before and evening hunt, hunt, return for a.m. , hunt,  but then need to take down. But more typical would be evening or morning hunts setting up prior and taking down after.  Would that even work or would deer just be to wary of a magical blob appearing out of no where. i see most people leave them up for the season and brush in heavily to keep as natural as possible. 

What’s your height?

I bought the Ameristep Care Taker off of Amazon.. haven't used it yet but I bought it because it pops open and closed so I'll be able to move it around frequently as the woods I hunt are very thick..  Plenty of room to draw (seated).. I think the height of it is 5'6"... other people will argue putting a blind in mid October is too intrusive and to build a natural ground blind instead...

40 minutes ago, brownclown said:

6 ft

That is going to be a tough order to fill, standing in a blind to shoot and having it be light enough to set up and take down for a single hunt. I think this is the tallest I have seen

https://www.barronettblinds.com/Product/7463/big-mike-xt-hunting-blind-with-bloodtrail-backwoods-camo

stupid question but liking the Big mike 2.0, or the xt but that is out of stock. The 2.0 has a footprint of 59x59 yet elbow room of 75x75.  it looks like a rectangle too me and isnt wider in the middle (elbow area). Is elbow room in reference to standing diagonal? if i do some math , which never works out too well, i come up with a diagonal of 83 inches based on the foot print.  just trying to figure if i would be able t be completely covered and inside the blind while drawing or does the bow need to stick out the window. Im not sure how wide i would be if holding a bow at full draw with an arrow but would assume it would be close to my height.

5 minutes ago, brownclown said:

stupid question but liking the Big mike 2.0, or the xt but that is out of stock. The 2.0 has a footprint of 59x59 yet elbow room of 75x75.  it looks like a rectangle too me and isnt wider in the middle (elbow area). Is elbow room in reference to standing diagonal? if i do some math , which never works out too well, i come up with a diagonal of 83 inches based on the foot print.  just trying to figure if i would be able t be completely covered and inside the blind while drawing or does the bow need to stick out the window. Im not sure how wide i would be if holding a bow at full draw with an arrow but would assume it would be close to my height.

usually the wider dimension is hub to hub which sticks out further than the footprint. standing at 6' and shootign you will probably be back into a narrowing area. 

1 minute ago, Otto said:

Shows available on Sportsman Guide and Amazon.  Looks like a great blind for a bow hunter.  I have a Barronett blind, OX5 model, it is really sturdy and well made.  Big step up from Ameristep and others I have had.

https://www.amazon.com/Barronett-Mike-Hunting-Blinds-Backwoods/dp/B076WVQF6W

Thanks. it was the big mike "XT" that was out on  barronetts site. i didnt start checking retail store yet. But think i like the window design of the "2.0" best. but wanted a little insight to if the extra elbow room of the 2.0 is needed.

this is the one i have the origonal big mike. best blind ive ever used i dont know about the 2.0 or xt

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/barronett-big-mike-supertough-hunting-ground-blind?a=1939349&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=CjwKCAjwgabeBRBuEiwACD4R5lfIZjuMGOfinNMnIrTn94_OunKwbg0tf4LM7x9QC5PwHjXRhuCUOxoCTVgQAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, brownclown said:

Thanks. it was the big mike "XT" that was out on  barronetts site. i didnt start checking retail store yet. But think i like the window design of the "2.0" best. but wanted a little insight to if the extra elbow room of the 2.0 is needed.

the one i have is 75x75 hub to hub and way more than enough room for bow hunting.  full draw stand or sitting anywhere in it and im a big guy!! 

I've got something  better then a blind. Camo burlap! 

Get some of that, Walmart maybe $15. Get 3 or 4 electric fence holders at Tractor Supply. They are about 4 feet long and just stick in the ground. Some zip ties to hold the burlap on, and a 5 gallon bucket to sit on.

Put the poles in the ground, tie the burlap to the poles and wait. I would set it up at home and then just roll it all together so when you get there you can just unroll it and push the polls in the ground. Try to make high enough so you just can shoot over it while sitting down on the bucket. Try to back up to some kind of cover to break things up a little.

Quick, easy, quiet, and most importantly cheap. I have shot several deer doing this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brownclown said:

https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_107149/Barronett-Blinds-Big-Mike-2-0-Backwoods-Ground-Hunting-Blind.html

This is where i bought the Ox5's

46 minutes ago, mikedagun said:

this is the one i have the origonal big mike. best blind ive ever used i dont know about the 2.0 or xt

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/barronett-big-mike-supertough-hunting-ground-blind?a=1939349&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=CjwKCAjwgabeBRBuEiwACD4R5lfIZjuMGOfinNMnIrTn94_OunKwbg0tf4LM7x9QC5PwHjXRhuCUOxoCTVgQAvD_BwE

thanks for link looks like yours is the "tough" version. it runs about 10lbs heavier. if i wasnt planning on moving around all the time would be leaning in that direction. now im torn on the 2.0 window design or the standard design on the other big mikes. i cant believe the company doesn't have videos showing the features of all of its products.

can any of you who hunt from blinds let me know what u think regarding the window openings. im torn between the the 2.0 and standard. leaning towards the 2.0 because of a review on amazon from a guy on the standard model who loves everything but the windows. unfortunately i cant find any info on the 2.0

can any of you who hunt from blinds let me know what u think regarding the window openings. im torn between the the 2.0 and standard. leaning towards the 2.0 because of a review on amazon from a guy on the standard model who loves everything but the windows. unfortunately i cant find any info on the 2.0

I’d go with the 2.0