Been Waiting For This!

DirtTime

My wife took up hunting a few years ago ( she never got in the woods last season ). She wasn't my wife then, but.........

Next Sunday she will be hunting with me again. Back to the NZ private land, and hoping to get her on deer! Trail cam pics from the area are mainly does, a spike, a couple fork horns, and one basket 6. Rule up there is nothing less then a 6 ( my rule ), and of course no does as no DMP's for the WMU.

Sorry, I am more excited about this hunt then the opener of the bow season. I enjoy hunting with my wife.

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Rob... said:

And..........Rain takes it all away!

New mantra to go along with FUAC. FUMN!

Still have time left. But, I was just super stoked for tomorrow. 

Typical isn't it?  I was all ready for a hunt tested morning at a spot an hour away. I was there prior to sunrise etc.  Yeah, my arm died on the way, and had no clue until i picked my bow up to grip with with the fake arm. 

Sucks, but everything happens for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Typical isn't it?  I was all ready for a hunt tested morning at a spot an hour away. I was there prior to sunrise etc.  Yeah, my arm died on the way, and had no clue until i picked my bow up to grip with with the fake arm. 

Sucks, but everything happens for a reason.

Sorry about the arm bro! Now that sucks big time! Hope you get it ready to go again soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Tomorrow doesn't look too bad? 10% chance for rain, lighter winds out of the SW. I'm heading out. 

Hope she gets to go soon!

We weren't hunting local. 1-1/2 hours away in the lower Dacks, northern part of Galway. Rain forecast for where we would be was 60% in the morning, and evening 70%. Also, the wife doesn't bow hunt. The Reg season is in full swing up North.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rob... said:

We weren't hunting local. 1-1/2 hours away in the lower Dacks, northern part of Galway. Rain forecast for where we would be was 60% in the morning, and evening 70%. Also, the wife doesn't bow hunt. The Reg season is in full swing up North.

Had a spot in Providence, off Centerline rd up that way to hunt. Took a nice 8pt there about 12 years ago. Nice area. 

Sure hope you can get her out at some point this season. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

Had a spot in Providence, off Centerline rd up that way to hunt. Took a nice 8pt there about 12 years ago. Nice area. 

Sure hope you can get her out at some point this season. Good luck!

Was that on the Preserve, which to my understanding you can't hunt.

33 minutes ago, GreenDrake said:

My wife finally got her license this year though she has not comitted to shooting other than predators. She goes with me every hunt though and sits in the boxblind or does photography of our bird hunts. I wouldn’t have it without her. This was our view Yesterday afternoon. 

71D0AD73-BDCB-4295-AC98-D847435CC5A5.jpeg

1A44AC53-CDDF-4933-A48C-A6F0395A2578.jpeg

8C06BF46-F5F4-49BE-B924-EAB6607BCEF6.jpeg

Love the pines in the 3rd pic.

2 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Packs and rifles are packed, clothes in the vehicle, ready for this. Just need to figure out breakfast. c75fbc217027f697a520e00c56d72f35.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Enjoy!  Even if not successful, its still a great day with the wife.  Good luck!

Go to a nice diner for breakfast,  who cares if it way out of the way.

• Like 1