Fur and feathers

Dave - WX2CIB

I don't have any fur since I stopped trapping. I have a few turkey feathers I picked up during walks that I could send you if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.

What you really want is a squirrel tail. I haven't been out yet this year but I'll keep you in mind when I go.

Good luck with your fly-tying.

• Like 1

This a very low-cost get-together. An envelope full of feathers costs 50 cents to mail. A squirrel tail without the bone costs 50 cents to mail. Stuff a small piece of bear hide in an envelope and 50 cents will probably work. Tape the bear hide to the bottom of the envelope so they can run it through the machine. They get really annoyed when their machines don't work. :sorry:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave - WX2CIB said:

It is up along the St. Lawrence River and near Canada. About 45 mins North of Watertown. And I'll be definitely sharing pictures.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We have a Hammondsport in this area. But I had never heard of Hammond. Good to know, and thanks for the info.

• Like 1

This is something I have knowledge in.You say your going to start learn to start 6/0 thread some dub wax lead wire and some fine to medium tinsels.I collect all fer and feathers and exp from them also pick up some jigheads and decide what weights work best.Bucks tails work best for making rooster tails.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...