Warm quiet Camo

nodeerhere

Artic shield. You won't find warmer for less,trust me I did the research. You don't want to do long walks in it but it's fantastic stuff and well made. You can score the suit on eBay cheap.

Super cold days late season I will wear an under armour base, merino second. I stay toasty warm and was always the guy with 13 layers and still cold.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Artic shield. You won't find warmer for less,trust me I did the research. You don't want to do long walks in it but it's fantastic stuff and well made. You can score the suit on eBay cheap.

Super cold days late season I will wear an under armour base, merino second. I stay toasty warm and was always the guy with 13 layers and still cold.

I own Arctic Shield (a/k/a or f/k/a ArcticShield) jacket and bibs in two different camo patterns. I can vouch for their being warm and lightweight, as well. Do note they have different "cuts" to the jackets. My snow camo is more comfortable that the woods camo, but I still like it. ArticShield was, and maybe still is, made by Onyx. Maybe they decided to spin it off/market it as its own brand?

My original (10ish yrs old) was labeled artic shield, my dad bought same suit a year later labeled onyx, and I bought a new suit last year labeled arctic shield and says onyx on tag... No idea what the deal is but the newest suit is better fit / finish and seems heavier duty yet thinner than my old suit.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Blended wool is terrible, 100% virgin wool is the only way to go. Warm, silent, doesn’t hold scent and warm when wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the new stuff that is out ?

I can only speak from what I own and I got one jacket that says blended wool I think it is mixed with some type of polyester and that thing is ridiculously warm for the thickness of it and weight .

I'm pretty sure I got it at Cabela's it's about 2  years old .

As far as getting wet that I  can't say . 

It's  this stuff  polester wool blend  great stuff 

The ultimate big-game jacket, our Men's Wooltimate Jacket keeps you comfortable when inclement weather strikes in the field. A water-resistant finish shrugs off rain and snow, while the 4MOST WINDSHEAR® lining creates a buffer between you and cold gusts. Rugged 77/23 polyester/wool material stands up to wear and tear without sacrificing comfort. Zippered chest pocket, hand pockets and interior pocket. Dur

Edited by Storm914

5 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

My original (10ish yrs old) was labeled artic shield, my dad bought same suit a year later labeled onyx, and I bought a new suit last year labeled arctic shield and says onyx on tag... No idea what the deal is but the newest suit is better fit / finish and seems heavier duty yet thinner than my old suit.

How quiet and soft is the arctic shield?   True to size - ie medium good for me? 

• Like 1

Have you tried the new stuff that is out ?
I can only speak from what I own and I got one jacket that says blended wool I think it is mixed with some type of polyester and that thing is ridiculously warm for the thickness of it and weight .
I'm pretty sure I got it at Cabela's it's about 2  years old .
As far as getting wet that I  can't say . 
It's  this stuff  polester wool blend  geat stuff 

The ultimate big-game jacket, our Men's Wooltimate Jacket keeps you comfortable when inclement weather strikes in the field. A water-resistant finish shrugs off rain and snow, while the 4MOST WINDSHEAR lining creates a buffer between you and cold gusts. Rugged 77/23 polyester/wool material stands up to wear and tear without sacrificing comfort. Zippered chest pocket, hand pockets and interior pocket. Dur

Yes I have, haven’t found anything better than pure wool. There is a reason people that are outdoors the most wear wool and have for a long long time.

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yes I have, haven’t found anything better than pure wool. There is a reason people that are outdoors the most wear wool and have for a long long time.

There both good 

I have both but to me the stuff from Cabela's seems warmer for its  wieght and thickness.

I was looking last year for something a little warmer and more water resistant for those late season hunts be it bow, regular firearms or ML.  My old KOM is great but on the really wet cold days I was longing for something different and more modern.

I opted for the First Lite Sanctuary jacket.....I got it towards the end of the season last year and only got a trip or two out with it.  Very warm and pretty quiet; quiet enough I'll bow hunt in it this year when necessary.  IIRC the only downside is the hand warmer pockets suck; small and a goofy elastic cuff that impedes entry and exit with gloves.  A gal at work that's handy with a sewing machine took care of that detail.

I think I'm going to like it a lot but time will tell. One thing though, I can assure you is that it won't replace the KOM.

https://www.firstlite.com/sanctuary-insulated-jacket-july-2014.html#donation-section