For Those Pretty Bummed Out So Far

Moho81

Weather, as in lots of rain, has cut down on my stand time this year. Something does just seem "funny" or "off" this year as far as deer sightings go so far? That will change over the next couple weeks! Prime time is upon us!

Last year, because of bad shoulders, I wanted to shoot just one more deer with my bow. I did that. This year, there were times, even if a shot were presented, I'm not sure if I could have drawn my bow? I'll be happy to go out with the crossbow this weekend. I've yet to kill a buck with it, so game on!

• Like 4

Keep going guys and gals, I was out today and jumped a buck, his tarsal glands stunk to high heaven!  Member here also saw a buck with a doe today. 

Right now is the time of year to get pumped!  The next 18 days anything can happen, get out and be ready.  

Find the doe groups and key in on them, that's what the bucks will be doing!  Good luck and keep going, things can change in a NY minute!

• Like 1

Seen zero tonight but I heard a commotion scrapes are open and fresh rubs everywhere:IMG_6073.thumb.PNG.a7b828a53bf216260e5110cf10c5979d.PNG

If your hunting days get washed out consider hanging a good set and prepping your lanes with hot doe piss...this weather has been beyond tough 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Only been out 4 times so far from oct 1st. 2 of them  were a bust with no deer. One i had a 4 pointer come in and lay under  me till almost 7:15 pm while i froze in the dark waiting for him to leave. My last hunt last fri i had a good 8 about 2.5 yrs old chasing a doe around and under my stand for a half hr before he gave up and went looking elsewhere.  Still needed a few yrs so i let him pass even tho he was pretty wide he was kind of scrawny. Was looking forward to this week but it hasnt stopped raining when i can hunt. 

20181022_180353.jpg

20181022_173358.jpg

20181022_180259.jpg

• Like 3

I was really looking forward to this bow season, and then things took a turn for my fathers health, and he ended up passing away on Oct 1st. For the next week, I had so much going on that I couldnt get out at all, not that I was really feeling like it. The week after that I went back to work and was completely swamped , so no time to get out. Oct 13th, my girlfriends father passed away. We had alot to get taken care of that weekend and week, so no hunting. I finally got out for an afternoon on Oct 20, and was chased out of the stand by a downpour and whipping winds. This season has been a complete bust for me so far. Hopefully things change starting this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

13 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I was really looking forward to this bow season, and then things took a turn for my fathers health, and he ended up passing away on Oct 1st. For the next week, I had so much going on that I couldnt get out at all, not that I was really feeling like it. The week after that I went back to work and was completely swamped , so no time to get out. Oct 13th, my girlfriends father passed away. We had alot to get taken care of that weekend and week, so no hunting. I finally got out for an afternoon on Oct 20, and was chased out of the stand by a downpour and whipping winds. This season has been a complete bust for me so far. Hopefully things change starting this weekend.

Sorry to hear of your losses John. 

• Like 1

moving and closing on a new home and issues had come up. work has been busy. plus i've got other life stuff going on. fortunately no deaths in the family like John so things could be worse. haven't been out yet. only one cam out. don't have anything patterned obviously. we'll see if things turn around and i can get out there.

Truly sorry for your loss. Today marks 18 years since my dad passed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine, im fortunate enough to still have my father but as he gets older I fear more and more that dreaded day. Prayers sent your way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Sorry for your loss, my Dad passed 18 yrs ago, not only was he my Dad he was my hunting partner since i started .It sure does leave a empty feeling in your stomach, one day at a time as life goes on.

• Like 1