Steuben giant

First-light

1 minute ago, Belo said:

ditto. just another distraction in the stand too. right around kavanaugh, and knowing the midterms were coming I knew it was time to take a break. I enjoy my peaceful sits a lot more.

I actually deleted my profile, it said it would be unrecoverable after 14 days. I forgot I even did it so its gone forever. Not a huge loss lol

18 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

He didn't specify, but I'm assuming gross. I don't bother even figuring out net scores most of the time. 

yes neither do the tv shows

.main reason people believe all the big bucks are out west.. we kill 95% the same size bucks here as they do there..

yes neither do the tv shows
.main reason people believe all the big bucks are out west.. we kill 95% the same size bucks here as they do there..

I don’t know about 95% though. The P&Y and B&C record books I’m sure show that NY is not among the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don’t know about 95% though. The P&Y and B&C record books I’m sure show that NY is not among the top.

you have to enter them.. ny does not have a culture of entering bucks.. i have 2 that would.make pope and young and they arent entered.. i see many post of bucks that would make book never entered..when your fall economy is based on deer land leasing and outfitting you make sure every client buck is entered .. they have deer classics with big prizes that people bring heads to to get entered... different culture. i see the same buck from kansas or iowa in 20 different magazines

my neighbor whos in his 80s has a dozen thay would make book.. none scored or entered... im sure that story is repeated many times over in ny as it only cost you to enter the books and no one here wants you to know where they shot their buck...

• Like 3

Yea but just think of all the outfitters in other stares. NY has zero outfitters killing a bunch of big bucks year in and year out. I follow one fairly small outfitter from Kentucky in instagram. Rut and Gun season didn’t start yet and they have killed at least 40 big bucks. They probably Killy 50-60+ a year. I’m sure there are many outfitters doing the same but not in NY. Even if everyone in NY entered their bucks it would be nowhere close to WI, IL, OH, KY, Iowa, KS, etc.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea but just think of all the outfitters in other stares. NY has zero outfitters killing a bunch of big bucks year in and year out. I follow one fairly small outfitter from Kentucky in instagram. Rut and Gun season didn’t start yet and they have killed at least 40 big bucks. They probably Killy 50-60+ a year. I’m sure there are many outfitters doing the same but not in NY. Even if everyone in NY entered their bucks it would be nowhere close to WI, IL, OH, KY, Iowa, KS, etc.

small outfitter? the only outfitters i know in ny are in the dacks.. mid west outfitters have hundred of thousand of acres in farming areas. with narrow wood lots.. different hunting. and ive seen 40 or more posts of 130 plus bucks  on social media this year in ny already but only 2 or 3 that have shown up on nyantlers page or nybb page..again differnet culture look at school closings in big buck states that close for deer season.. look at same in ny.. 0...  

i go to ohio all the time see the average guys bucks..they are same as ny. 120 to 140 in for the big ones average. but there are a lot less hunters per acre there.

small outfitter? the only outfitters i know in ny are in the dacks.. mid west outfitters have hundred of thousand of acres in farming areas. with narrow wood lots.. different hunting. and ive seen 40 or more posts of 130 plus bucks  on social media this year in ny already but only 2 or 3 that have shown up on nyantlers page or nybb page..again differnet culture look at school closings in big buck states that close for deer season.. look at same in ny.. 0...  
i go to ohio all the time see the average guys bucks..they are same as ny. 120 to 140 in for the big ones average. but there are a lot less hunters per acre there.

I hear ya. I’m just saying I don’t think NY is a top 10 state for P&Y, and nowhere close in B&C. A true 170” NET buck is a giant. From 2005-2010 NY had 25 entered. Wisconsin had over 300

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Guys like to post there trail cam pictures on here how many look like P&Y material  ?

Guys can be very secretive about both big bucks killed and even worse, those on camera not yet killed.  Posting the lesser bucks is no big deal.  But I have a hard time believing we have the same number or ratio of big bucks as the Midwest states. 

• Like 2

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hear ya. I’m just saying I don’t think NY is a top 10 state for P&Y, and nowhere close in B&C. A true 170” NET buck is a giant. From 2005-2010 NY had 25 entered. Wisconsin had over 300

Sent from my iPhone using 

boone and crocket i will say no . but pope and young many many many in ny are never entered. again different cultures.

the books are stacked from bucks since late 80s.. but many many have been taken and never entered there is no reason to in nys.. win a classic out west for 10k or an atv or a truck..averge size of farm in nys 80 acres. iowa 400+ hunter densities are different .  but you can kill a pope and young with same sucess rate as a midwest state in ny.. 

remove preserves in ny amd you ll understand why big bucks show up out west outfitters have 100k plus acres to push.. nys none at all in most productive southwesten ny. ... Screenshot_20181025-132902_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7cff3a998fe7000faec1df8ffc6b5455.jpgScreenshot_20181025-132938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1103903df0714037d3fa551b370d90a7.jpgScreenshot_20181025-133012_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7523881bce4e17a50ad9d1908fe4b84d.jpg

• Like 1

boone and crocket i will say no . but pope and young many many many in ny are never entered. again different cultures.

the books are stacked from bucks since late 80s.. but many many have been taken and never entered there is no reason to in nys.. win a classic out west for 10k or an atv or a truck..averge size of farm in nys 80 acres. iowa 400+ hunter densities are different .  but you can kill a pope and young with same sucess rate as a midwest state in ny.. 

remove preserves in ny amd you ll understand why big bucks show up out west outfitters have 100k plus acres to push.. nys none at all in most productive southwesten ny. ... Screenshot_20181025-132902_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7cff3a998fe7000faec1df8ffc6b5455.jpgScreenshot_20181025-132938_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1103903df0714037d3fa551b370d90a7.jpgScreenshot_20181025-133012_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7523881bce4e17a50ad9d1908fe4b84d.jpg

But I honestly think many from other states aren’t entered either. I see tons of giants killed on Bowsite forum every year. Barely any from NY

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But I honestly think many from other states aren’t entered either

other states have mandatory deer checks and are usually measured there and then suggested for entry.. nys call it in.. 50% or less even do that.. hard to keep a big buck private in another state becuse its seen by several people at check station

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But I honestly think many from other states aren’t entered either. I see tons of giants killed on Bowsite forum every year. Barely any from NY

I worked with a guy who hunted 2 or 3 out of state hunts every year....mostly mid west.....

All those properties you killed less than 140"; you paid a penalty of $1-2000 for screwing up.

He has never entered anything anywhere and has  55 gallon drums full of racks in his garage in the 120-150 range; most shot here in Dutchess County for the local bucks.

I chopped up a couple for antler pen material. LOL

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Sad 1