Tree stand hunting in the ADK

rachunter

I know the ADK’s are known for still hunting but does anyone have any success hunting from a tree stand? I found a nice area the last few days and the bow hunter in me says set up a stand. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it with any success? I might give it a shot next week 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I know the ADK’s are known for still hunting but does anyone have any success hunting from a tree stand? I found a nice area the last few days and the bow hunter in me says set up a stand. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it with any success? I might give it a shot next 

You never know until you try 

Edited by Storm914

I use stands early season in the Southern Adks. I have a ladder stand, a hang-on stand with tree steps and an ultralight climber. I basically just use them for bow and some muzzleloader and set them during the summer along runways leading into/out of zones where I find dense sign. All on state land, but nothing far from our camp. I killed a respectable six point from the climber two years ago and was full draw on a bear this year. I’m pretty careful about scent, but I see a lot of critters.

By the end of early bow I’m very ready to start still hunting, but I do love the view. Where I hunt stand hunting is kinda like anything else, you have to be cool with few sightings but also ready for a bruiser to appear at any time. I do find that burning hours in a stand helps my eyes adjust to the deer woods and helps relearn how be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1