Syracuse area hunters?

Wildman

Hello to the NY hunting community.  I've been following this website for a while, but finally decided to sign up.  I live and hunt south of Syracuse (Pompey), but hunting time is pretty limited.  Any other members in this area?  It would be fun to compare notes on deer movement and rutting activity. Good luck this season.

Welcome. I am 20 miles north of Syracuse in Phoenix. I hunt 7A, 7F, 7M and 8F. Have not been out in a few days but the small bucks were just starting to make some scrapes. Next 14 days should be the time to spend as much time in the woods as possible.

I also hunt 7F and 7M primarily, most 7M. The younger bucks are definitely moving at all times of the day in your area. I saw three bucks yesterday, all cruising, not too far from your location in 7M on public land. I think from here on out if you can be in the woods then be there! As always if you have an overabundance of deer and need help thinning them out we're here to help with that also!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live in Pompey as well. Hunt 7J near Morrisville as well as an area in Region 8. It’s amazing the difference between properties - TONS of scrapes on the region 8 property and almost no buck sign at all on the 7J property. But that seems to the case every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk