Taxi help asap

brownclown

Got my best in 8years of bow. Last evening. Will put pic and story later but busy and racing cloxk. I have had on of my firsts done with by true life as that's who my butcher used and I knew nothing and it convient. Think they did an ok job. The processor I have this deer at recommends Andy Kinash and as of now that who will be picking it up but this morning my hunting buddy pushing me in another direction. Any one have any experience with him? Im in putnam county ny. The only other I have heard of is Jonas brothers and they want like 800 for shoulder which is put of my league. I don't mind paying up for quality work tho. I'm willing to travel up to and hour . Also any tips on handling when I get the cape from processor

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, brownclown said:

Got my best in 8years of bow. Last evening. Will put pic and story later but busy and racing cloxk. I have had on of my firsts done with by true life as that's who my butcher used and I knew nothing and it convient. Think they did an ok job. The processor I have this deer at recommends Andy Kinash and as of now that who will be picking it up but this morning my hunting buddy pushing me in another direction. Any one have any experience with him? Im in putnam county ny. The only other I have heard of is Jonas brothers and they want like 800 for shoulder which is put of my league. I don't mind paying up for quality work tho. I'm willing to travel up to and hour . Also any tips on handling when I get the cape from processor

My taxi just tells me to freeze the head and cape until I see him.  He prefers that we cape all the way down to ears so he is not defrosting a big hunk of neck.   So I just lower the cape and head in a contractors bag and put it in a chest freezer.  

976C0209-39EE-464C-817F-DC4BC594136F.jpeg

• Like 2

Personally, I’m not a fan of Jonas Bros work. I have always used Kurt Fox in cold spring. I have also heard good things about Kevin’s Taxidermy over the border in CT. His stuff looks good too. I’ve never heard of Kinash.

Congrats on the buck! Let’s see the pics! Putnam or Westchester buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Gonna go with Kurt Fox. Doing a search saw several people recommend him. We Also happen to share a first name. He isn't the biggest of deer but I'm beyond happy for a 3N deer. Will post proper story when time allows. Tried to post a pic here but it saying choose Facebook or Google. Gonna have to figure all that out latter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brownclown said:

Thanks all. Gonna go with Kurt Fox. Doing a search saw several people recommend him. We Also happen to share a first name. He isn't the biggest of deer but I'm beyond happy for a 3N deer. Will post proper story when time allows. Tried to post a pic here but it saying choose Facebook or Google. Gonna have to figure all that out latter.

You won’t be disappointed , in fact you’ll be surprised how good it will look. He recently did a coyote for me. 

Tell Kurt Tommy and Hank said hi! He’s done probably 30-40 animals for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/28/2018 at 11:51 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

$800 for a shoulder mount is outrageous! Sheesh. Confront and looking forward to the pics and recap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

my buddy paid a guy that was retired from it up in northern VT $850 for his shoulder mount with leg arrow holder. he intentionally asked him as he won awards upon awards and it was a buck of a lifetime. over 200" buck i've posted here before.