Legal crossbows

TonySkyline

I emailed the DEC a few months ago.

I asked about the archaic xbow rules.

Someone got right back to me and told me the restrictions were voted on in the state legislature with the entire Xbox package including season dates.

I asked what was the reason for the size and poundage rules and he insinuated that it was to equalize xbow to compound bows and appease the NYS bow hunters association. 

• Like 1

It would be nice to have a ravin or ten point (newer one that doesn't weigh 10lbs) and have that speed and compact size. Its almost like saying you can hunt with a .308 but cant use the 6.5 ? Makes zero sense. Can't even use an excalibur due to the draw weight?? Lol. Makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve had my heart set on a Ravin or a  Scorpyd. I hope to someday hunt with one in NY (legally). Someday when crossbows are a legal hunting implement during the entire bow season , I don’t think that there will be any axel to axel measurements or poundage restrictions. At least I hope not. 

9 hours ago, Water Rat said:

I’ve had my heart set on a Ravin or a  Scorpyd. I hope to someday hunt with one in NY (legally). Someday when crossbows are a legal hunting implement during the entire bow season , I don’t think that there will be any axel to axel measurements or poundage restrictions. At least I hope not. 

im sure there will be requirements same as there are for bows.minimum distance or poundage will be there . i wish it would change sooner than later but politicians dont listen to dec. just lobbiests