Another action packed afternoon

Spent a little over Two hours out with Flushing Bailey Lynn of Rose Cottage today. Made contact with five birds total. The first was a runner that looked like a race horse trotting across the cut field after it broke out of the rough. Called the dog off and continued to work the hedge line. I saw one duck from the cut line into the thickets and the dog was on him. A short chase ensued and with a single cluck two birds took flight out of the brush. I dropped the one cutting right but could not get a bead on the second going left. The cocker snatched him up to the field and set him down the moment he stopped twitching. She seems to think once they are dead and dad can see them it’s time to find the next. About another two hundred yards down the hedge/swamp line we had our second runner break into the field dog right behind. She turned back towards the thick stuff but a doe jumped up and I whistled the command to recall. She doesn’t seem to pay deer any attention but I gave that rooster a pass any how. We worked our way back to the truck against a cut line pond bank but flushed no roosters. Along the drainage for the pond the dog got on the last rooster for the day working him hard in the brush/cattails his cackles giving clues to his flush point as she worked him. He finally flushed but had decided his best bet was to go deeper into the cattails. I held my fire to give my hard working dog a break and as she returned I got the glare of a disappointed hunting partner. As when made the truck the rain started so we called it a day. Teddy was more than excited to hold the bird for today’s picture. And wants to know when he can go....0dcf6c72d756bca4d06e8a68b621c51e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6