Best public land you've hunted in ny...

DanielT

Renslearville State Forest used to get mobbed on opening day, hardly anybody the past 5 years.  I mention this because they logged the ever living piss out of it 2 years ago, looks very deer friendly now.  I drive through it on the way to the farm. Also interesting is that it doesn't show up as green state forest on Google maps these days.  But it's still on the DEC Web ste.

• Like 2

Here is a tip if you are new  dont have spot  dont have dmp 

Anyplace that is over 150 miles away from any populated area  and over  1000  acres the  bigger the better  probably going to be your best bet . Or just go to Stewart or sterling Forrest  :taunt:

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like California hill state forest in Putnam, from a scenery perpective, but haven't seen enough deer to warrant the 100 mile trek from LI. So I hunt state and county land in 1c and lots of time i am listening to the highway or neighbors or what have you....but the spots are closeby and see deer 50 % of the days.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Then why even comment???
No worries ....I'm not coming to hunt your woods..lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's just a strange thing to ask and expect answers... The reason I enjoy pieces of woods is because it's not well known, if I go spouting about it online it may get more traffic. It's kind of like asking, what are the GPS coordinates to your best tree stand?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk