need some advice

tommyc50

h guys, well i'm considering getting a single pin sight for my bow the 4 pin set up is a little confusing @ 58 soi looked @ hha lite and another hha optimizer [ but I talked to a guy down @ Floyd Bennett field who had one and was having a hell of a time setting the thing @ 20 yds and 60 yds so he could be dialed in. he lost quite a few arrows trying the 60 yd]. I  don't like the truglo but I might get it  if it has good reviews and of course what you guys say too. I know its alittle late to switch but heres the story well I posted about getting busted by a 6 pt and then seeing him again @ 40 or so yds and let him walk well I seen him again and I took a shot I knew he was @ 35 yds from the stand to the ground see the field was brushed hogged  around the perimeter and he walk the edge of the of it [but it was funny I ranged from the ground to the stand which is @ 18' and it was 37 yds so any way I put the 30 yd pin on him and I seen the arrow go right under him and hit the ground. So im thinking of switching maybe I could just dial it in.

Apex Covert pro for me. Use the blank sight tape, shoot 20 yds and when you're happy with the results put a mark on the tape. Then shoot the furthest distance you're comfortable with and Mark the tape. Go through the pack of final marked sight tapes until you find one that matches up with your two marks and you're dead on at all distances. Love the Covert Pro.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tommyc50 said:

hha lite and another hha optimizer

1 hour ago, tommyc50 said:

I  don't like the truglo

Apex owns truglo so you are basically buying the same sight. I bought the range rover pro and while I like the sight it is not worth the price as far as I am concerned. Regardless of which one you buy make sure it will fit your bow. After owning mine for a couple of weeks and mounting it per their instructions I found out spacers were required to get to the proper height so the "range dial" can be sighted in and used  as intended.

The sight can still be used regardless of how it is mounted but has to be mounted in the correct position for the range charts/dial to function properly.

Edited by Steve D

I use both but can say the single pin is really nice.  Optimizer's are good I am using one now.  I always have my first pin at 35 yards and compensate out to 40 or less than 30, relatively fast bow so compensation is minor.  Makes shooting anything under 40 yards simple using one pin with no adjusting.  Past 45 and I adjust the sight, not usually needed for hunting. 

FYI most guys who shoot under when using a higher pin are not looking through the peep properly because they are using there arms to aim instead of bending at the hips, this can cause misalignment of the peep resulting in high or low shots. 

8 minutes ago, Core said:

I love the look of those, but do you have trouble adjusting it quickly enough when deer are moving?

They have a 3 pin option ,I leave mine locked at 20,30,40 for hunting situations but could be adjusted at anytime . I use my top pin as the floater.

I have a Single Pin HHA. I really don't have much experience with anything else. I had a multi pin site at first and I hated it. I never even hunted with it before getting the single pin. I have the single pin set at 25 yds while hunting and just compensate my shots. I won't shoot past 35 so compensation is very little. I only change the yardages when I am target shooting. 

I shoot the HHA optimizer lite ultra. Its pretty simple to setup. You shoot at 20 (document where on the setup tape the yardage mark is) then move out to 60 shoot (and document what number on the setup tape your at.) Subtract the 2 numbers and that will give you the number of which tape you need to use(the number on the very top of the tapes).  

If i remember correctly..

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

Call me old fashion but I have used a Tru-Glo pendulum single pin for the past nearly 20 years of bow hunting.  Sighted in for 25 yds and I'm good out to 40.  I just hold at the top of the back at 40. The pendulum works perfect compensating for the angle.  Tried and True... Never let me down.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/truglo-pendulum-29-black.html?_iv_code=TU-BW-TG700&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=Cj0KCQjwguDeBRDCARIsAGxuU8a2OmIQE9yxNO20ovzquFs7D0kgQjd-9pganiRfQ9C7ITuhRKUg9GQaAjcvEALw_wcB

thank you guys, I just bought the hha optimum lite and I love it much better than the 4 pin sight. Im dead  on @ 20 yrds [ the  proshop I bought it from is an indoor range 20 yds] and im going to get dialed in @ 40  before I go up  Monday so I got some time to play w/ it.It was $120 they had the other one which was over $200 and complicated as hell and I really don't need to shoot @ 60 yrds anyway and I don't need all the bells and whistles. one thing about the site I changed was that the pins on my bear seemed so close to gether  ,my pse I have 3 pins and I can actually bracketed the 20 and 30 yd pins for 25 yds and the 30 and 40 yd pins for 35 but I really couldn't do it w/ the bear 4 pin sight

• Like 1