Boots

Steve D

Starting today through Nov. 4th tractor supply has Itasca 600 gram Thinsulate Realtree Boots on sale for $39.99. Probably not the best boots on the market but they are advertised to be 100% waterproof. They might make a good mid weight boot to wear for those not so cold days and they are pretty light.

For $40.00 I will probably pick up a pair to try:

boot.jpg

• Like 2

That is a great deal!!!  But if I come home with ANOTHER pair of hunting boots (gotta have over ten pair) my wife will throw me out!!! :taunt:  Got boots spread all over the house, from the garage to the basement!!!

Hey!!!  A guy just can't have too many hunting boots!  

Got a tractor supply on the way home.........hmmmm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

same. tall rubber only unless it's really freaking cold and then i wear my pack boots. Those $40 boots are not pac boots haha.

My insulated rubber boots do great in super cold weather, I just wear heavier wool socks with them. I will never go back to these type of hunting boots again. I have a few pair of new condition Rockys sitting in a tub that I havent worn in years.

55 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My insulated rubber boots do great in super cold weather, I just wear heavier wool socks with them. I will never go back to these type of hunting boots again. I have a few pair of new condition Rockys sitting in a tub that I havent worn in years.

25 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I bought 2000 gram Lacrosse tall rubber/neoprene boots last year and they suck when its cold. My feet were freezing yesterday. Time to switch to pack boots although I hate to do it

With the wet and muddy conditions this year, I've worn my Muck Woodysport boots, for every hunt so far this season. Just add another pair of wool socks, and my feet haven't been cold once. That is saying something! As my feet are the first thing to get cold on me. Warm and dry, love those boots! 

At some point I'll switch over to the packs though. But for now, these Mucks have been doing ok.

• Like 1

I use muck fieldblazer II, which are light boots, but with two pairs of thick socks they tolerate decent coldness, and when it's sub freezing putting chemical foot warmers help a ton.

But  I do have a pair like Steve has linked and although their insulation is really light I much prefer them early season. Ultimately tall, waterproof foam boots will never be as light and comfortable to walk in as the lace up kind, which are legitimate hiking boots.

i wore out (cracked) a pair of Muck ArticSports. Still have a midweight Muck Hoser pair. also when gander closed up down in Kingston i picked up a pair of Irish Setter Rutmaster non-insulated rubber boots ridiculously cheap. they're awesome and will use them with good wool socks until it gets pretty cold.  honestly for the price when it gets really cold i use the Walmart cheap Herman Survivors. My parent's got them for me and wasn't worth taking them back for what they paid.

I love em, Im on my third pair but I wish id just have stuck with the 1000. The 2000 are heavy and my feet get cold anyway

I don’t know what the rating is but I wear the alpha’s I think they’re called when it gets cold, if the aren’t enough the Mickey Mouse boots come out but that’s very rare and never for hunting season just ice fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, grampy said:

my wife will throw me out!!! :taunt:  Got boots spread all over the house, from the garage to the basement!!!

I put that to bed by counting how many pairs of shoes she has. I have a lot of boots but nowhere near as many shoes as she has. I usually wear all of them at least once a year and she can't say that.

Problem solved. I came home with a pair today from Tractor Supply and she said "those look like nice boots".:derisive:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I put that to bed by counting how many pairs of shoes she has. I have a lot of boots but nowhere near as many shoes as she has. I usually wear all of them at least once a year and she can't say that.

Problem solved. I came home with a pair today from Tractor Supply and she said "those look like nice boots".:derisive:

You are so right my friend! I know she has boxes of shoes, that have never been worn once!

I'm going to TS tomorrow darn it!!! And will wear these boots at least once this season! 

Would love to pick up a pair for my grandson.  But I'm certain, they won't have any in size 15. :dontknow:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, grampy said:

Would love to pick up a pair for my grandson.  But I'm certain, they won't have any in size 15. :dontknow:

Good lord.  I though my son was a monster at size 11 (he's 14).  15?  How big is this kid?  

To the OP, thanks for the head's up.  New TS in my area, I'll probably pick up a pair at that price, just to wear.  Anyone know their policy if they're out of a size?  Do you get a rain check? 

12 minutes ago, jmark said:

Good lord.  I though my son was a monster at size 11 (he's 14).  15?  How big is this kid?  

To the OP, thanks for the head's up.  New TS in my area, I'll probably pick up a pair at that price, just to wear.  Anyone know their policy if they're out of a size?  Do you get a rain check? 

He's 14, won't be 15 till April, 29th. 6'4" about 200. Big kid for his age.

19 minutes ago, jmark said:

I think rain checks depend on the item and I am not sure about the boots. The also have jeans for $9.00 a pair