Oneida Eagle

airedale

Purchased a vintage Oneida Eagle Aero Force lever compound bow this past summer, puttered around and just got done doing a refurbish on the old gal installing some shorter draw length modules, tuning and timing, a new string and a Michigan Autumn paint scheme, been a fun little project. Basically will be just shooting targets and I will be shooting with fingers and no sights. Now if it will ever stop raining!!

Al

001.JPG

Edited by airedale
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, airedale said:

Purchased a vintage Oneida Eagle Aero Force lever compound bow this past summer, puttered around and just got done doing a refurbish on the old gal installing some shorter draw length modules, tuning and timing, a new string and a Michigan Autumn paint scheme, been a fun little project. Basically will be just shooting targets and I will be shooting with fingers and no sights. Now if it will ever stop raining!!

Al

001.JPG

I remember those always like the way those things looked 

40 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

How do you adjust DL?

The draw lengths are set by modules designed to incrementally increase or decrease the draw length with a simple installation. The bows when new came with three different sizes. I handled a new version Osprey at Bass Pro last summer it was much lighter and shorter, sweet but expensive. They have become a favorite of those who bow fish.

Al

005.JPG

Edited by airedale

51 minutes ago, airedale said:

The draw lengths are set by modules designed to incrementally increase or decrease the draw length with a simple installation. The bows when new came with three different sizes. I handled a new version Osprey at Bass Pro last summer it was much lighter and shorter, sweet but expensive. They have become a favorite of those who bow fish.

Al

005.JPG

I assume the module is the piece that holds the lever near the riser.   Longer or shorter changes DL?

46 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I assume the module is the piece that holds the lever near the riser.   Longer or shorter changes DL?

The modules are located in the cam assembly, the little black piece on the left hand side of the photo is a module, on the right it is shown mounted in the cam.

OldBowManualCamAssembly.jpg

• Thanks 1