New Bow, What Kind & Where?

Lawdwaz

I don't know if I'll do it but I'm thinking about a new bow.  No rush, maybe this winter.  I'm very happy with my 2012 Elite Answer but would consider another brand.

What brand & where? (local dealer or off a site like AT or Bowsite)  If I did buy off the web, I do know a local guy that does amazing tuning, actually a member here. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

You lost me at "another brand"  I'm actually really curious about those Primes . 

So you are all for sticking with the new (newer) Elite's, good to know.  I bet TC is too.........(the tuner!)

What model Prime?

• Like 3

I have the synergy (no longer shooting)  that you are more then welcome to try out ,like really try out ,not just fire a couple arrows . The Prime Centergy is the one that has peaked my interest . Prime has a newer one called the Logic which has gotten good reviews.  I'm really digging my Pure right now ,the model that the Pure changed into was the E35 . If i pulled the trigger on a different model it would be the E35 . I dont have any experience with the new line of Elite models.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Thanks 1

Law

i have always liked elite and obsession.  Very similar draw cycles with the obsession being faster and dual limb.  The new pse evolve I just picked up has all the good things about those brands but is really really quick.  70lbs shoots the same arrow as my 82lb obsession at identical speeds and the obsession was faster than my prior elites.   I never thought much of pse in the past but I have been super impressed.  Tuned really easy too and cams are adjustable DL.  Smooth as butter too. 

• Like 1

If it was me I would hit some archery shops with ranges. They are usually more than willing to let you try their different models especially if they know you are looking to buy.  At least that way you can get a feel of what you are looking for. Nothing worse than buying a bow unseen only to find out it doesn't fit you or isn't what you were looking for.

Once you find or know what you like then look on line for a better deal but sometimes it is worth the extra few bucks to have a dealer set it up and prepare it. It also gives you a feel for the dealer and how they operate their business.

• Like 1

APA mamba

I have the mamba air tf but I like em really short.

Really light, really quiet, really fast, easy tune, string change on the fly no press, integrated bow hook, single or dual cam...call them and talk to the CEO to get set up.

website is temp down while they update the product guide.

https://www.apaarchery.com/

Edited by OtiscoPaul

34 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Law

i have always liked elite and obsession.  Very similar draw cycles with the obsession being faster and dual limb.  The new pse evolve I just picked up has all the good things about those brands but is really really quick.  70lbs shoots the same arrow as my 82lb obsession at identical speeds and the obsession was faster than my prior elites.   I never thought much of pse in the past but I have been super impressed.  Tuned really easy too and cams are adjustable DL.  Smooth as butter too. 

Evolve 28 ?

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Evolve 28 ?

I have the 31.  They sell a 28 and 35.  I generally stick with 32 but I don’t notice any difference on the 31. 

If you really start shopping price on one, let me know.  I might be able to get you a deal new but a used one from AT will be hard to beat.  

Edited by moog5050

Ok,lawd i am getting in on this. I am also looking for a new bow,used really. Where are any good shops where i could try out some? I have a shit bow now,so any decent bow will feel great,but i want to try some before committing. I am in Cooperstown,but willing to drive a couple of hours.

10 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Look into xpedition archery......no true valley like an elite.....but has a soild back wall, and in my opinion they absolutely rip.
They can also be had on At for a good price.
I know a few guys who shoot the Perfextion for 3d and love them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Never heard of them or the APA.......man am I out of the loop. :)

27 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Ok,lawd i am getting in on this. I am also looking for a new bow,used really. Where are any good shops where i could try out some? I have a shit bow now,so any decent bow will feel great,but i want to try some before committing. I am in Cooperstown,but willing to drive a couple of hours.

Great bow shop in Cazenovia, AJs archery.  http://www.ajsarchery.com only about an hour from you. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

17 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Larry go see Jeff at Niagara outdoors and have him set up 5 bows to shoot without knowing what kind. After you’ve done that buy the Prime . New Prime’s hit the market November 6th 

You have a Prime and Mathews??