New Bow, What Kind & Where?

Lawdwaz

Lot of guys dislike Mathews for some reason. But i have been a huge fan for 16 years now. Solo cams are super forgiving and still super accurate. And the Dual cams are super tight and quick. I have no reason to switch yet. Never had an issue with any of them ive owned.. Was considering a new Triax this winter, if the 2019 bows dont catch my interest first.. 

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Lot of guys dislike Mathews for some reason. But i have been a huge fan for 16 years now. Solo cams are super forgiving and still super accurate. And the Dual cams are super tight and quick. I have no reason to switch yet. Never had an issue with any of them ive owned.. Was considering a new Triax this winter, if the 2019 bows dont catch my interest first.. 

It’s the grip people don’t like about the Mathews. I never realized it myself and TC pointed that out to me. It doesn’t really bother me . 

I’ve just never liked their grips, and back in the day they weren’t very friendly to longer DL guys like me. I did shoot my best archery buck with a Q2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 minutes ago, sodfather said:

It’s the grip people don’t like about the Mathews. I never realized it myself and TC pointed that out to me. It doesn’t really bother me . 

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’ve just never liked their grips, and back in the day they weren’t very friendly to longer DL guys like me. I did shoot my best archery buck with a Q2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I absolutely love their old grips, much more than the new style grips. The wood grips that form fitted your palm/thumb.. Those are what made me love Mathews first.. 

51 minutes ago, sodfather said:

The only Matthews I owned was a helium.  No valley to speak of.  That was my only gripe.  Otherwise fine bow.  Killed a few deer with if 

Any of these archery shops sell new shoulders? I need two.. a left and a right.  If not, I have a nearly brand new PSE Stinger, lefty, sitting there begging to be taken out into the woods. I could be convinced to part with as I doubt I will ever draw it again. Been wondering what to do with it. Anyone have interest PM me.  Good luck on the search.

The Answer really wasn't one of Elite's better bows IMO. I shot quite a few of them and couldn't say I ever shot one I enjoyed.

The Z28/Hunter/Synergy line-up to me was the most hunter friendly line made. The newer Elites seem to follow in that line, and they're putting out new models now for ATA.

I used to get new bows every year or every other year until I started shooting Elite in 2009 or so. Since then just the Z and the Synergy. About the only thing I could ever want to look into at this point is a shorter ATA model simply for portability, but even then, I doubt I'd be willing to give up the "shootability."

I don't knock you for wanting to move on from the Answer. It never really resolved any questions for me, anyway. Hope you find something you enjoy!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phade said:

The Answer really wasn't one of Elite's better bows IMO. I shot quite a few of them and couldn't say I ever shot one I enjoyed.

The Z28/Hunter/Synergy line-up to me was the most hunter friendly line made. The newer Elites seem to follow in that line, and they're putting out new models now for ATA.

I used to get new bows every year or every other year until I started shooting Elite in 2009 or so. Since then just the Z and the Synergy. About the only thing I could ever want to look into at this point is a shorter ATA model simply for portability, but even then, I doubt I'd be willing to give up the "shootability."

I don't knock you for wanting to move on from the Answer. It never really resolved any questions for me, anyway. Hope you find something you enjoy!!!

I have a Z28 ,Synergy,and Pure,all shoot great . I thought I would jive with Elite's attempt at a speed bow and picked up an I31 2 years ago . I could not jive with that thing at all,my groups were all over the place . I had 3 sessions with Jeff at Niagara Outdoors and it was never the bow.

Shoot them all with no bias and see what feels best. That was my approach. Ended up with between Hoyt and Mathews and went with no cam because it was easiest to draw with my bad shoulder. The halon did not feel good at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’m looking to shoot the PSE now. Besides moog a good buddy is shooting a 35” Evolve and likes it.  

Last time i was in Doc's shooting ,he had a bunch hanging from the ceiling .

EDIT: Not sure what models he had.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Elite has their plant literally in the building next to my office... I should wander over one of these days to see if they offer free samples?

I'm shooting a Bowtech (Diamond) Edge. Short ATA length makes it nice to have when up in a small hang on stand, and it's a shooter..

My buddy was in there doing some work for them and sent me a bunch of pictures (probably a big no no) I never tried to figure out if i was looking at the next model of bow or just a normal production run.

One of the guys that I work with says they have a lobby full of taxidermy. He was parked out front staring through the doors when they first opened the plant about a year ago. According to him, the lady who was was watching the door (receptionist? security?) came out and offered him a tour. I think i might see if that offer is still out there. If I can weasel my way in, I'll see if I can get some covert pix.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post, picked up my bow on CL. Took it to a shop for a tuning. needed to put some accessories on it. Under $200 for everything including arrows, case, etc..

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, Bolt action said:

One of the guys that I work with says they have a lobby full of taxidermy. He was parked out front staring through the doors when they first opened the plant about a year ago. According to him, the lady who was was watching the door (receptionist? security?) came out and offered him a tour. I think i might see if that offer is still out there. If I can weasel my way in, I'll see if I can get some covert pix.

I forgot to mention in the earlier post, picked up my bow on CL. Took it to a shop for a tuning. needed to put some accessories on it. Under $200 for everything including arrows, case, etc..

I stopped in there once.  They do have some nice taxidermy - lots of African animals.  I think they were fixing a warranty issue for me.  Seemed like nice people.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, phade said:

Its probably their best selling bow but like some I never really fell in love with mine. When I bought it the speed cams were on it and it was miserable to shoot. The smooth cams were a huge improvement but it still doesnt hold like my Pulse ( their most under appreciated bow IMO). Ill always make Elite my first choice being a local company. Looking forward to shooting a few this Winter

• Like 1