Amazed at the amount of guys still spending money at dicks/ F&S

rob-c

Everything changed when their CEO went rogue and starting paying gun control lobbyists.  Since then, I went in once and used them to try out some new xbows then walked out.  That company will never make a profit off me again unless they clean house of all the flaming Liberal gun grabbers! 

• Like 5

Some awesome sales coming up at Dicks on Black Friday. I bought my TC Venture there at a Black Fri sale for like 50% off. I still regularly go there for ammo deals. I just bought a couple trail cams and Boots there. Not owning ARs with high caps is something I'm fine with. Too many innocent people/kids being slaughtered in this country because some nut can walk into a Dicks and buy an assault weapon with high caps..

Edited by sits in trees
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

Some awesome sales coming up at Dicks on Black Friday. I bought my TC Venture there at a Black Fri sale for like 50% off. I still regularly go there for ammo deals. I just bought a couple trail cams and Boots there. Not owning ARs with high caps is something I'm fine with. Too many innocent people/kids being slaughtered in this country because some nut can walk into a Dicks and buy an assault weapon with high caps..

FYI the gun banners Dick's is now in bed with are interested in a total handgun ban, lead ammo ban, 21 year old age limit to buy any firearm or ammo, pistol permit required to buy .22 LR and any other ammo that a pistol can shoot, universal background checks requiring all firearms to be registered, confiscation of any firearm banned in the future without compensation and limits on the amount of ammo anyone can possess at any given time.

You fine with all of that too?

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

Some awesome sales coming up at Dicks on Black Friday. I bought my TC Venture there at a Black Fri sale for like 50% off. I still regularly go there for ammo deals. I just bought a couple trail cams and Boots there

I bet you vote for Cuomo also. Nothing like financing your own demise.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sits in trees said:

Maybe the problem is the nut job and not the weapon. I'm fine with the people owning what ever gun they want just like I'm fine with a store choosing not to sell what ever they want . Only a hypocrite would say they have the right to buy any gun they want but a store doesn't have the right to sell what they choose. I agree the exit from AR platform guns was lame .

Wow just wow. 

Dont have a AR  but why would that stop one of those crazys  ?

When they already are willing to break a bunch of other laws ?

See it sounds good on paper but in the real world things dont work that way unfortunately.  How did that approach to drugs work out ?

The addicts still get them .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

Massshooting are occuring more frequently because the government shut down mental institutions.  These mental hosiptal should have been reformed.  Some people need to be removed from society until their mental illness can be controlled

Also violent video games should be outlawed or tax at a prohibitive rate...promoting mass shooting as entertainment is just wrong and teaches unstable people that mass shooting are the answer

Edited by mmkay
  • Like 5

Massshooting are occuring more frequently because the government shut down mental institutions.  These mental hosiptal should have been reformed.  Some people need to be removed from society until their mental illness can be controlled

Also violent video games should be outlawed or tax at a prohibitive rate...promoting mass shooting as entertainment is just wrong and teaches unstable people that mass shooting are the answer
You had me till you said violent video games

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mmkay said:

Well then shitty parents should be taxed or fined heavily for every delinquent they produce.

• Like 1

Never saw more than 3 ARs in the Webster Dicks store . They weren't much of a seller there either . They had a big Gun Sale this week ( rifles , shotguns , pistols ) . Enjoy shopping at Beikirchs ! :rolleyes:

In another note , I wonder where some of the small gun shops are going to get their ammo supply from . Several were being supplied by Beikirchs . 

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

You had me till you said violent video games

The right to  play video games is not in the constitution. 

It's a combination of drugs and realistic violate video games that gives these crazys the idea that it would be a good time to shoot up a building full of people .

Before realistic shooter games came out this almost never happened. If you are old enough to remember. 

Also the break up of old fashion family values has a lot to do with it as well .

• Like 1

I shop at F&S because I love the atmosphere in the store and the prices are often good. And it's the only place like it locally. Gander is shut down. I'd love to have cabelas close by but it's an hour + into buffalo. They were supposed to open a bass pro in victor but who knows how that's going.

I do have an AR. I don't feel guilty about owning it one little bit because I'm positive it will never be involved in a crime. Gun crime is a large topic overall; the majority of gun deaths continue to be via handguns (mostly illegal) in the hands of idiots/gang members/criminals. 

Every kid is givena trophy these days..come in last heres a trophy..struck out each time at bat..Trophy

Kids dont know how to fail..life is full of sucesses and failures..those that arent taught how to fail and move on dont know how to manage conflict resolution.  The deraged amonght these see violents as the answer..video games allow them to rehearse and fantasize

Edited by mmkay

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

How many kids play violent video games? I'd say over 80% how many then shoot up a school? 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% case closed

The question is how many crazys that shoot up a room full of people are on drugs and play violate video games the answer is everyone .

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

It's a combination of drugs and realistic violate video games that gives these crazys the idea that it would be a good time to shoot up a building full of people .

Before realistic shooter games came out this almost never happened. If you are old enough to remember. 

Also the break up of old fashion family values has a lot to do with it as well .

I've played TONS of violent video games in my life. I say that not because I believe a single data point is at all meaningful; I'm not going to say "I played them and I'm not violent" because it doesn't mean anything. I say it to give context to my statement:

I agree with you to an extent. I do believe, and I think studies have backed this up, that exposure to violence does increase one's tolerance to it. Although most people exposed to violent games and movies can separate them, some can't. I think some high-risk individuals are encouraged by exposure to fictional violence in ways that, absent that violence, may result in a different outcome. 

It's a bit like hollywood most actors saying they hate guns but more than happy to make huge money playing with them in movies. I see a big hypocrisy in it.

There are reasons why mass shootings have increased in recent history (btw gun violence itself has dropped precipitously in recent decades), and it's not because there are more guns around or guns easier to get. It's partly copy cat effect, could be exposure to violence in high-risk people, etc. I think copy cat effect is a really huge part of it. It's now "the thing" to do if you're an antisocial nutter. Instead of just taking your life, you take it out on strangers first. 

Edited by Core

3 minutes ago, Core said:

I've played TONS of violent video games in my life. I say that not because I believe a single data point is at all meaningful; I'm not going to say "I played them and I'm not violent" because it doesn't mean anything. I say it to give context to my statement:

I agree with you to an extent. I do believe, and I think studies have backed this up, that exposure to violence does increase one's tolerance to it. Although most people exposed to violent games and movies can separate them, some can't. I think some high-risk individuals are encouraged by exposure to fictional violence in ways that, absent that violence, may result in a different outcome. 

It's a bit like hollywood most actors saying they hate guns but more than happy to make huge money playing with them in movies. I see a big hypocrisy in it.

There are reasons why mass shootings have increased in recent history, and it's not because there are more guns around or guns easier to get. It's partly copy cat effect, could be exposure to violence in high-risk people, etc. I think copy cat effect is a really huge part of it. It's now "the thing" to do if you're an antisocial nutter. Instead of just taking your life, you take it out on strangers first. 

To be honest I dont no what the answer is because we live in a free country. 

Take away anything you are stepping on some ones rights one way or the other .

But this even happens in not so free countries except maybe totally controlled police states like north Korea. 

I think all we can do is have better security measures that is about it and hope it's just a passing fad with these idiots. 

13 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I am very positive that these "drugs" you speak of is marijuana.  Nancy Reagan called ,she wants her stance on weed back.

Not widely not like now 
Wide enough. The biggest issue is parents no longer parent their kids. Simple fact. That's why you see so many shitheads running around now. Granted nearly all are harmless and just shitheads but some are too nutty and need to be handled

• Like 1