Amazed at the amount of guys still spending money at dicks/ F&S

rob-c

Yes ..and mental hospital closed in the 70s...shooting start to spike in 80s

So kid born in tbe 60 that was freak in his teens was treated at a mental hospital..kid born in 70s and was a freak ..given mefs as an out patient and then became a shooter in the mid to late 80s

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Was taking about all the drugs they give to  kids  to calm these kids down these days

LOL, i thought you meant the ones they were on when they play video games . Ya ,the pharma companies arnt helping any ,they never get any of the blame either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Wide enough. The biggest issue is parents no longer parent their kids. Simple fact. That's why you see so many shitheads running around now. Granted nearly all are harmless and just shitheads but some are too nutty and need to be handled

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes parents not watching over there kids  the right way definitely is the number 1 problem .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Yes parents not watching over there kids  the right way definitely is the number 1 problem .

The vast majority of mass shooters come from fatherless homes. I'm not going to blame a political party for this, but the contemporary lack of shame related to single parent households may need to be revisited. Sometimes a single parent household is best, or it's all that is available, but the statistics are clear and huge that lack of nuclear family is extremely injurious to kids. Most of these young guys shooting up places with an AR have no father in sight, they are just not grounded properly. 

• Like 1

The vast majority of mass shooters come from fatherless homes. I'm not going to blame a political party for this, but the contemporary lack of shame related to single parent households may need to be revisited. Sometimes a single parent household is best, or it's all that is available, but the statistics are clear and huge that lack of nuclear family is extremely injurious to kids. Most of these young guys shooting up places with an AR have no father in sight, they are just not grounded properly. 

I Know kids who didn't have a dad either they left or passed away. They became excellent adults

Apparently Dick's feels everyone must be denied Constitutional rights because a few individuals abuse theirs.

So, if people start yelling "Fire" in theaters, or protesting in large groups that are prone to violence, Dick's will support repealing the 1st Amendment.

People drive drunk, does Dick's support reinstating prohibition?

People speak hate and incite violence, so Dick's wants the 6th Amendment repealed?

If rape rallies become a new trend, will all Dick's be considered illegal weapons and confiscated?

This company is living up to it's name.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, sits in trees said:

Some awesome sales coming up at Dicks on Black Friday. I bought my TC Venture there at a Black Fri sale for like 50% off. I still regularly go there for ammo deals. I just bought a couple trail cams and Boots there. Not owning ARs with high caps is something I'm fine with. Too many innocent people/kids being slaughtered in this country because some nut can walk into a Dicks and buy an assault weapon with high caps..

No they can't. The dictionary defines an assault rifle as "a rapid fire, magazine fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use".  These were never sold at Dick's. The gun control freaks and media that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground want the public to believe that AR platform rifles are the same as full fledged weapons of war. This is pure propaganda.

Before I was 21 I carried a machine gun in the jungle for my country. Now young adults less than 21 can't purchase firearms at Dick's for any legal purpose. This is an attack on our civil rights!

By the way, a couple of years ago the legislature came close to banning 50 caliber rifles in NYS. The bill was blocked by an 8 to 7 vote in committee. If your TC Venture is a .50 you are lucky that you are still allowed to possess it. (Their intent was to ban sniper rifles of that caliber even though one has never been used illegally in NY).

Edited by Bigfoot 327
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I Know kids who didn't have a dad either they left or passed away. They became excellent adults

And some chain smokers live to 100. Statistically significant conclusions rely on a critical mass of data points at which stage a trend can be ascertained; life is, generally speaking, harder on kids without a father. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sits in trees said:

Some awesome sales coming up at Dicks on Black Friday. I bought my TC Venture there at a Black Fri sale for like 50% off. I still regularly go there for ammo deals. I just bought a couple trail cams and Boots there. Not owning ARs with high caps is something I'm fine with. Too many innocent people/kids being slaughtered in this country because some nut can walk into a Dicks and buy an assault weapon with high caps..

I guess some people's principles can be bought. Frankly, I know a lot of people that own sporting arms that are semi-autos just like all those super scary-looking AR-style "black rifles" that have all the libs so spooked. And those sporting rifles can fire ammo just as fast and efficient as those rifles that have been labeled assault rifles by the ignorant "Chicken Littles" that are all running around in circles worrying about the appearance of certain guns.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I guess some people's principles can be bought. Frankly, I know a lot of people that own sporting arms that are semi-autos just like all those super scary-looking AR-style "black rifles" that have all the libs so spooked. And those sporting rifles can fire ammo just as fast and efficient as those rifles that have been labeled assault rifles by the ignorant "Chicken Littles" that are all running around in circles worrying about the appearance of certain guns.

Hey, I'm giving Doc a gold star. He managed to get his thoughts out in less than 14 paragraphs.

Hate to say it but had to grab my two extra 3s dmps there yesterday. Also left my armguard at my apartment so needed to grab a new one and then got a set of 100 grain heads for squirrs. Total $29.24 would I rather have gone elsewhere? You betcha but it was the closest spot I could go

There was talk when Cuomo passed the safe act about sportsman sticking together and not getting a license for one year to stick it to their pocket book. The vast majority of sportsman decided their hunting season was more important then the overall picture in NYS . From that day on I never considered the hunting community as a whole. That's the stance I'm taking with Dicks ,I personally don't give a rats ass about AR platforms and who sells them.

Hunting and gun rights are not fully linked. The hunting license revenue doesn’t fund Cumo, it funds land protection and Econ officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Also violent video games should be outlawed or tax at a prohibitive rate...promoting mass shooting as entertainment is just wrong and teaches unstable people that mass shooting are the answer

Omg I just peed myself laughing so hard. People like you are still out there blaming video games? Wow.

9 hours ago, sits in trees said:

Hey, I'm giving Doc a gold star. He managed to get his thoughts out in less than 14 paragraphs.

Ha-ha....Yes, I do understand that there are some like you that are reading-challenged and can't handle anything more than 3 or 4 sentences at a time. So I thought I would give you a break. Maybe this time you will actually be able to comprehend a bit of the content. Probably not, but at least you won't strain yourself too bad by having to read too much.....lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Belo said:

No. You think those old dbags who shot up the synagogue and mailed pipe bombs were also playing COD?

Such ignorance.

Talking about all the other ones  most of those mass shootings   were young guys 

Edited by Storm914

Because Dick's took an anti-gun stance and has never addressed the real root causes of gun violence . I do no business with that firm.   It is that easy!

I stand by my convictions that gun control is the panacea for those who are unwilling or unable to understand the real root causes of gun violence.  Sad, but true there are so many people living in ignorance and being brainwashed by the anti-gun leaders who preach that more gun control will result in less gun violence.  

So Dick's is irrelevant when it comes to being my supplier of hunting, fishing, shooting and other outdoors activities equipment.  There are so many other choices both in retail stores and online suppliers where I can purchase what I need.

Edited by Wilderness
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Ha-ha....Yes, I do understand that there are some like you that are reading-challenged and can't handle anything more than 3 or 4 sentences at a time. So I thought I would give you a break. Maybe this time you will actually be able to comprehend a bit of the content. Probably not, but at least you won't strain yourself too bad by having to read too much.....lol.

Doc so smart.  Doc not so concise.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, Doc said:

Be careful.  I had a thing I did a few times for friends.  I take a stock Ruger 10/22.  Explain how it works, what it is, its history, that countless thousands of young people cut their teeth on them, show 5 and 10 round mags, etc.  I ask, "Do you think this is an assault rifle?"  Universal no.  

Then I undo one screw, remove the stock, and put the gun in a "black rifle" stock made for a 10/22.  Folding stock, foregrip, etc.  Then I point out to them - this is the exact same rifle, it can't do anything it couldn't do with the other stock, but now it's an illegal "assault rifle."  

Then I had one person say, "Well if it can be converted to an assault rifle that easily, then it should be banned."  

I stopped doing this little demonstration.  You can't fix stupid.  Nor can you fix the un-American and mentally disturbed hatred of guns so prominent among the "left" today. 

• Like 3

On 11/2/2018 at 1:33 PM, Jeremy K said:

There was talk when Cuomo passed the safe act about sportsman sticking together and not getting a license for one year to stick it to their pocket book. The vast majority of sportsman decided their hunting season was more important then the overall picture in NYS . From that day on I never considered the hunting community as a whole. That's the stance I'm taking with Dicks ,I personally don't give a rats ass about AR platforms and who sells them.

Hunting license sales have little to nothing to do with gun rights, so it would have been pointless. The issue isnt that Dicks wont sell ARs, the issue is that they have paid 3 anti-gun lobbyists to actively try to limit YOUR 2nd amendment freedoms.

• Like 2