Synthetic or wood stock what do you like better .

Hunter007

I have both; and like both.

Doing woodworking, actually the better quality the wood stock the easier it is to clean up any boo-boo's; tough are those pimped out Weatherby/Browning glossy finishes, they need a new spray job. Not terrible to do ,but oil finish is easy to fix up and a new wipe has them looking nice.

Tupperware works good for rough terrain, lots of moisture. 

I have one rifle identical in wood and synthetic and for that one the wood is lighter and a nice carry. Hunted that gun a bunch, and has seen steam and sandpaper a few times.^_^

• Like 2

At this point in my life I look for affordable, reliable, functional, and durable over pretty. I know there are going to be a lot of opinions on this, and to each his (or her) own. My all purpose small game gun is a Rem 887 Nitro Mag. accepts up to 3.5 inch shells, polymer stock, and the barrel is wrapped in a powder coat. it's pretty much indestructible. Never had an issue cycling rounds through it, and have carried it through mud, marshes, briars and just about everything else and have never worried about scratching it or dinging it.

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Wood, I own a bunch of both but much prefer wood. I have never worried about scratches or scrapes in a stock because they add character. Nothing screws up a track or still hunting like the noise of a twig snapping against a plastic stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love you Man !!!  Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun...Wood and blued steel for this old white boy …..

• Like 4

I love you Man !!!  Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun...Wood and blued steel for this old white boy …..

b3023d6250b4a7e20cc9f16938448d9e.jpgthis old girl has more than her share of character and I hope to add a lot more as it’s the only rifle I’m carrying this year. Pic taken today with the first fresh rub I’ve found in the Dacks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

b3023d6250b4a7e20cc9f16938448d9e.jpgthis old girl has more than her share of character and I hope to add a lot more as it’s the only rifle I’m carrying this year. Pic taken today with the first fresh rub I’ve found in the Dacks.

Beautiful !!  A fine example of a classic WORKING gun....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive said it before, Id really like a really nice wood stock rifle. I have a nice synthetic, perfect for the deer woods, but I'd like a true "heirloom" rifle. Someday

I love a classic wood stocked rifle, chambered in a classic caliber. 

I got my "heirloom" rifle Iast year, thanks to moog!  Hope to lay it across a deer this year. Every time that rifle is in my hands, I just can't hide my smile.

My grandson will be shooting deer with it, long after my last hunt.

• Like 1