Electric Hunting Bike Recommendation?

Old age is having a negative effect on me. I am considering an electric hunting bike which will be used strictly for getting me to and from my stands and for checking my trail cams. I already have an atv for hauling out deer and for working my land but want something quiet and lightweight for transportation. If anyone has one or has any experience with one I would appreciate your recommendations. I live in the Finger Lakes region and there are some hills that I would need to get up. I want a high quality bike that will suit my needs and get me and my gear in and out with no problems.                            valoroutdoors.com 

26 minutes ago, Core said:

Have you alternatively considered an electric ATV?

Thank you for your reply but I am not interested in an electric atv. I just want a bike to get me to and from my stands. If I need my atv I just go and get it if I need it.                                 valoroutdoors.com 

25 minutes ago, G-Man said:

i have a 1982 honda 50 gas moped.. very quiet..bonus is horn works great for locating spring gobblers. i can run 1.5 miles of ridge at sunset and "call " every 100 yards. birds light up at sound.. saves lot of walking

I always thought of that but I feel like it would get buried easily 

7 minutes ago, kpkot said:

I always thought of that but I feel like it would get buried easily 

its light hard to get stuck and i run on. logging road i keep in decent shape.. can get slippery in mud puddles on hill. but it only has street tires on it a knobby tire would make big difference

• Like 1

Getting kinda late in season, but I caught a open house type event at a shop that had demo's and manufacturer reps (and discounts) back in early summer.

Tried a Voltbike and a GT, as former road bike enthusiast (I raced and did long distance touring) I have to admit they were lots of fun. 

Maybe check a few manufacturers social media spots like facebook and call some shops.

1 hour ago, CharlieNY said:

Old age is having a negative effect on me. I am considering an electric hunting bike which will be used strictly for getting me to and from my stands and for checking my trail cams. I already have an atv for hauling out deer and for working my land but want something quiet and lightweight for transportation. If anyone has one or has any experience with one I would appreciate your recommendations. I live in the Finger Lakes region and there are some hills that I would need to get up. I want a high quality bike that will suit my needs and get me and my gear in and out with no problems.                            valoroutdoors.com 

Not exactly a bike but would work where a bike will not be able to go 

Check out RadPowerBikes.com, they are sold direct and have got a big following and a good reputation. I made an earlier post about the Rad Mini I purchased a few weeks ago, I am going to be 70 years old at the end of the month and can ride this thing just about anywhere within reason. Rad has an informative website along a ton of videos on you-tube showing the Rad line and folks putting them through their paces.

Al

Mini_0508.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1