advise need with hunter harassment

BBDEric

Orders of protection , are of little value, they don’t stop many , oh maybe it’ll be a charge added on After he does sometime again ,which he will . That and there’s not enough to get one .

Personally , I’m less in your face and more let my lawyer handle it .  But then I know folks who’ve been stabbed ,stalked ( including breaking in their home) and had to wear built proof verts and go into hiding from nut jobs . That’s why I chuckle at the “ he’d have to deal with me “ responses . 

As far as LEO response,much has to do with your 911 call, saying someone got mud on your truck,while,you were hunting , will be ,well laughed at .

Saying a known person damaged your truck and tore down posted signs, get here quick and hanging up , will get a response .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Is he really that crazy? He may be a little over the top is all. Personally I say go see what he has to say, dont approach him in a hostile way just stop by and say hello my brother and I just bought the property up the road and wanted to introduce ourselves.  Dont even mention the mud or the posted sign. He might be on here next talking about his crazy neighbor

16 hours ago, BBDEric said:

thankfully this guy lives 2 miles away. he is not a direct neighbor. im not backing out on the deal as of yet. i have talked to all the neighbors and they all have had issues. they are excited to have his access cut off. just sucks that he went this far. just have to nip it in the but

Why would a guy two miles away be interested in this?

so good news . i took the bring a case of beer and venison hot dogs. stopped by his house. introduced my self. we talked for two hours. he has been hunting that hill since he was 14. he is 61 and has squated on the land as far as hubting. absent land owner. he just claimed it as his own. been running everyone out for years. so long story short he understand we bought it. gave me  the keys to the chain locks he put on the access ways.  going to take out his stands. still does not explain why he was an asshole but left in extreamly good terms. told me where he hunted. showed me 3 140 inch bucks he has shot there. also gave me his cell phone if i need help tracking

Edited by BBDEric
  • Like 19

so good news . i took the bring a case of beer and venison hot dogs. stopped by his house. introduced my self. we talked for two hours. he has been hunting that hill since he was 14. he is 61 and has squated on the land as far as hubting. absent land owner. he just claimed it as his own. been running everyone out for years. so long story short he understand we bought it. gave me  the keys to the chain locks he put on the access ways.  going to take out his stands. still does not explain why he was an asshole but left in extreamly good terms. told me where he hunted. showed me 3 140 inch bucks he has shot there. also gave me his cell phone if i need help tracking

Wow, 61 years old and pulled that nonsense. Crazy turn of events, but good for you it appears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, BBDEric said:

That's gotta be a relief! Now you can enjoy your hunting more, not having to worry about what's going back at your truck or what the guy might try to pull next!

It would have been fantastic to do all that, then throw some mud on his truck.... Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I just hope for you he’s not just putting on a show to get in your good side. Seems weird he would just flip to good guy mode like that.

agree. putting cam on the truck when i go in Thursday 

3 hours ago, BBDEric said:

That's great!  He was probably embarrassed he did that and prob realized it and knows now its time to move on . Good for you

I used to hunt a piece of land my family hunted for years.  Then one day I was in college and got out one day all season to hunt.  A guy came up to me and asked if I was one of the guys that has hunted here a long time.  Told him I was and he explained to me that him and 5 of his buddies bought out the farm for hunting.  He said to hunt there this year but next season it would be posted.  He even asked if I had a doe permit and was gonna sign one over if I wanted. 

I told him I understand and wished I was able to do the same thing.  Seemed like a real nice fella.  

Glad it worked out so well.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

3 hours ago, BBDEric said:

Took my advice glad it worked out .

• Thanks 1

Just saw the update. Sounds like a guy who has used fear and intimidation his whole life to get his way, knowing other non-land owners had no legal recourse against him. If he is wise and cagey, he knows when he’s beat and now that the land is legally owned by someone who doesn’t want him there, he accepted the end of a good run.

The positive of all this is that you know you bought some good land. 3 140’s is pretty sweet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Took my advice glad it worked out .

Perfect, a peaceful resolution!!! He did what he was doing because he could, until he got confronted about it. Don't know about you (OP), but I be a little suspicious about his change of heart. People rarely change....

22 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Perfect, a peaceful resolution!!! He did what he was doing because he could, until he got confronted about it. Don't know about you (OP), but I be a little suspicious about his change of heart. People rarely change....

Depends if the guy  likes  him he will respect his property  even if he is  ahole to some people , even  a/ holes have friends or people they get along with .

You dont know until you try being nice first  with the guy what will happen later on you can always go a another route  if it dont work out . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Depends if the guy  likes  him he will respect his property  even if he is  ahole to some people , even  a/ holes have friends or people they get along with .

You dont know until you try being nice first  with the guy what will happen later on you can always go a another route  if it dont work out . 

Plus, taking the high road pays eternal dividends, while the low-roaders often roast in hell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...