More Chinese Thievery!

airedale

In Recent years the Oneida Lever Bow company was purchased by John Paul Morris, he is trying his best to keep Oneida archery alive and produce here in America the very finest lever compound bow possible. They are a very complicated bow and are not cheap. Their main bow is the Osprey and these are marketed toward the bow fishing community, at $799.00 they will put a dent in your wallet.

Enter the Chinese, they know a good thing when they see it and are making a virtual copy called the RPM at $499.00, the Americans who invented and took many years to refine this bow to it's present state get it stuck to them again from the thieves in China.

Al

2018-11-05_071150.png

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by airedale

If no patent, there is no point and bringing anything to market. The chinese will steal it and sell it on ebay for a song.

What a strange bow. Some guy on reddit says main benefit is let's a finger shooter have compound without the steep string angle associated with a conventional compounds short axle length, but surely there is a better way? Seems excessively complex to me.

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I cant see them putting the time and energy into knocking off that bow, how many could they possibly sell? Maybe I'm wildly underestimating the market. 

they knock off anything without or without a patent. buy it. reverse engineer it by taking it apart. there's knock broadheads, bows, no so QAD rests, etc. you name it they've got a knock off version.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

they knock off anything without or without a patent. buy it. reverse engineer it by taking it apart. there's knock broadheads, bows, no so QAD rests, etc. you name it they've got a knock off version.

I know, it just surprises me that the volume is there to make it worthwhile

These were never produced in China? It seemed like the things they were knocking off were produced there for American companies and theyd sell the seconds, or if they lost the contract yet still had the machinery theyd keep producing the item and selling it
Oneida, QAD, and Rage were all manufactured in USA. Closest thing to foreign is Rage as not all components made here in USA. Also they've got knock off Hoyt target bows. Hoyt is USA.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk