Moved from Clifton Park to Rotterdam. Public land suggestions?

phillifan22

I’ve been hunting NZ all season since there was some good public land not too far from where I lived. But this past weekend I moved to just outside Rotterdam. Was wondering what public land I should try? I was thinking Pine Bush, Margaret Burke WMA, Partridge Run, and Charleston Forest. All within ~30 min. It’s late in the season and I’d likely be scouting while hunting. Any suggestions would be great!!! Thanks! I bow and gun hunt too if it helps and honestly prefer bow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hunt when you lived in CP? Were you happy with the land? Its not like you moved hours away is the only reason I am asking. I wouldn't think a lot of those places you just named are any farther from CP then from Rotterdam. I live in Saratoga

I hunted up around and north of Wilton. Only a half hour from CP but now that’s an hour. It was okay land but I think the land I mentioned S/SW of Albany would be comparable or maybe better. Time is a big factor for me cause I work in colonie and usually hunt after work (6am-2pm shift). With the days getting shorter traveling farther is an issue.

10 minutes ago, phillifan22 said:

I hunted up around and north of Wilton. Only a half hour from CP but now that’s an hour. It was okay land but I think the land I mentioned S/SW of Albany would be comparable or maybe better. Time is a big factor for me cause I work in colonie and usually hunt after work (6am-2pm shift). With the days getting shorter traveling farther is an issue.

If you are working in Colonie you should give the Pine Bush a try. Only minutes from any place in Colonie. I don't know much about best places to access but I see hunter's vehicles parked on 155 (New Karner Road) all the time during the season.

• Like 1

If you are working in Colonie you should give the Pine Bush a try. Only minutes from any place in Colonie. I don't know much about best places to access but I see hunter's vehicles parked on 155 (New Karner Road) all the time during the season.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the parcels along Kings Rd and Old State Rd on OnX that are pretty big. Didn’t realize how much land they had to hunt.